There does seem to be more long term injuries (4-5months or more) with the 10.3 patch. I hope this is addressed for fm2011. As Man U manager I currently have 10 first team players out and 6 of these have long term injuries that will keep them out for several months.

In England with Chelsea i played with hard tackling on all players except the other teams defence, and a hard training routine. Having stopped using this OI and just using weaker foot, and closing down any real threats along with using the set training schedule, the injuries seem to have stopped being so crazy. Thing is though it was never a problem in England with Chelsea or Burnley, (i always play the team i support and one of the no hopers each year in the english league then play La Violas in Italy).

Anyway point is i have had to reduce their training and take off hard tackling in order to stop these masses of injuries in Italy. It was literally at least one serious one per match and at least a few smaller ones UNLESS i was really lucky. Basically unmanageable even with the huge squad i amassed. So why? Are Italian players softer? Most of them are italian players but that could just be because i have a majority of Italian players in my sqaud (but then again not my first team).

There does seem to be more long term injuries (4-5months or more) with the 10.3 patch. I hope this is addressed for fm2011. As Man U manager I currently have 10 first team players out and 6 of these have long term injuries that will keep them out for several months.

This is not the case for everyone, how often do i need to keep saying that?

A few potential reasons for injuries occurring in my experience:

1) Very high aerobic and strength training will result in more injuries occurring during training. My advice would be to work with the initial general templates in mind when devising aerobic and strength training for each schedules. Don't go too high and reduce if experiencing a lot of injuries.

2) Poor condition and low match fitness. The latter, particularly, might often be something that is overlooked. Try to get players match fit during pre-season, then keep fringe players match fit and in good condition through rotation or by putting them into your reserves or U20 sides. When players come back from injury, don't rush them back into the first team, unless of course you have to! Players lacking in match fitness and in poor condition willl tire more quickly and are far more likely to pick up injuries.

This should help, in my experience, with preventing injuries occurring all of the time.

I left the training schedule on the original one and had no hard tackling except the odd one or two in certain matches and have just won Seria A with Fiorentina and somehow am in the final for the Champions League (but i'm going to get humped by Chelsea; how ironic). So it looks like Italian league players have a phobia to tackling hard and to training hard however it doesn't seem to impact your results as there were plenty better teams than La Violas in Serie A, esp Inter who normally run away with it.

Archived