Suggestion for FM 11 - Fix Tutoring once and for all

I'm getting plenty of enjoyment out of the game. But tutoring and I have never gotten along for several versions now and it's really getting to me.

I read others say that Fabregas tutored Ramsey successfully, so I try it and guess what? Yes, now they hate each other.

This just isn't realistic. And happens to me way too frequently. When it could be solved simply by having one of the players state: no thanks I don't really want to. As happens with PPM's etc.

Another thing I've noticed now is that if a player is injured, you cannot set him to be tutored. Does a manager in real life have to wait till a player recovers from injury to say "I want you to learn from player X"? Can't he say "when you recover from injury I want you to learn from player X ok?"

All this does is give me headaches trying to remember which player I have to remember to ask once he's back from injury, and if the injury is long then I need to make notes to remind me. It's all needless hassle isn't it? Work instead of fun. Just let us set the tutoring when we want to, and if you want to make it so the tutoring actually begins when the player is back from injury, fine. But I do remember reading that "off the pitch" behaviour would also be learnt right? So why can't they get a head-start on that while they are injured?

The final point I want to make concerns multiple tutoring. As in, several tutees being tutored by one tutor at the same time. There's a "trick" to be able to do this, so I'm not sure if it's a bug.

Identify who you want to tutor. Go into their Interaction - Interact With Player screen. Select the name of the tutor you want for them, at the bottom. If the name you want is already selected, then you must change to another name first, and then re-select the name you wanted (don't ask me why but it's the only way multiple tutoring will work). Do not tick any of the three Learn From Player (Internal) options yet. Click back out of that screen (without pressing confirm or anything) and repeat the process with every player you want tutored. Once completed, then you can go into their Interaction screens again, and tick the Learn From option you wish and confirm. When you move on to the next player you will find the name at the bottom gone BUT the Learn From options will still have the tutor's name and therefore you can set them to be tutored by him. Note - if only one tutor name is available from the list for a tutee, and you cannot change it to another name, then you must tick the Learn From option and confirm, for THAT player before any other, otherwise you will not have the Learn From player X options available when you go to their Interaction screens...... Phew.

If it's a bug then nevermind. But if it isn't, could you please remove all the extra-clicks-needed-hassle?

Thanks for reading.

Many complaints and suggestions to 'fix' things boil down to users not knowing how to work a feature. This is sometimes due to ignorance; often to lack of clarity from SI. Prime examples are team talks and press conferences. In the case of tutoring, however, I agree that there just doesn't seem any rhyme nor reason why one pair might hit it off and another fall out. It certainly needs to be made more logical or transparent in FM11.

Many complaints and suggestions to 'fix' things boil down to users not knowing how to work a feature. This is sometimes due to ignorance; often to lack of clarity from SI. Prime examples are team talks and press conferences. In the case of tutoring, however, I agree that there just doesn't seem any rhyme nor reason why one pair might hit it off and another fall out. It certainly needs to be made more logical or transparent in FM11.

'Logical or transparent' and FM???

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!:D

I read others say that Fabregas tutored Ramsey successfully, so I try it and guess what? Yes, now they hate each other.

Well these modern day footballers are sensitive souls. Ramsey probably called him a bitch!

Archived