National Pool

This is probably a silly question, but how do you scout players to decide if they are worth adding to the National Pool?

I am England U21 manager and have been for some time and up until now I have been using my Newcastle scouts to look for young talent to add to the pool. Obviously in the real world there is no way in hell I would be allowed to do that, so that left me wondering, how do I choose who to add to the National Pool with out using my teams scouts?

Not sure if it works for youth team management, but as a proper International managaer, you just right-click on any player who is eligable for your team, and click National Team -> Request Match Reports -> [Choose one of your coaches]

The request match reports is greyed out when you are not the main team manager.

This also does not help you find emerging talent? Even if I could do this method, it does not allow me to find existing players.

It is not a major problem for me, in fact it has worked wonders as it has allowed me to plunder all the developing English youth for my Newcastle team. The England U21 side now contains 10starting players who come for my Newcastle side. 3 of my Newcastle starting 11 where found while scouting for England U21's and poached, they are now classed as Homegrown.

it is almost like try before you buy.

I wish you could switch from Club Manager interface to International Manager interface.

I don't like the way the two are intermingled.

In this instance, if you had an International Manager interface, you could simply assign your scouts to the U21 of that country.

Again, I don't like the way the Club and International are mingled.

Archived