Best staff for lower leagues tip

This may be blindingly obvious to everyone else, but when looking for staff DO NOT use the Assistant Manager filter, particularly if you're a smaller/lower league club. The reason is that the Assistant Manager will filter out all staff who have a salary request higher than what your board are willing to offer for the position. Instead, focus on unemployed guys, starting with the ones with the lowest reputation (depending on your league to an extent).

For example, playing as Solihull Moors I've been promoted from BSN to BSP and now to CC Div 2, but still only have a £180 per week budget for scouts.

The best scout I could get using the Ass Man filter is a 16 JPA 13 JPP (9 Det) guy.

However, I actually managed to lure a 20 JPA 17 JPP (15 Det) one instead. Because he initially asked for £220 the Ass Man was filtering him out. That's a huge difference in quality and it applies for all staff roles.

Just remember to sign them on long term contracts. Otherwise your chances of renewing their contract are pretty low.

P.S. For some weird reason the board will allow much higher wages to be paid to people who are employed already even with identical reputation. Which makes it easier to meet wage demands, but then you have compensation to worry about...

same also applies when looking for players, turn off the filter or you will lose out on some great bargains who can you sign/lure for free.

i went undefeated after clearing out my entire squads and without spending a single penny in the transfer market :eek:

Archived