Awards evening

Im just coming to the end of what's been an amazing season for my team and I started thinking about which of my players would be up for awards this season and to make sure they stand a chance of winning them, I am playing them in nearly all the games despite the league having been won a few games ago.

I actually think this area of the game could do with a touchup because it is a reward for all the hard work you and your players have put in and it just seems to pass by at the moment without any fanfare.

My idea is to hold an awards evening just like in real life at the end of the season and to announce who the top 5 contenders are for each award and for the big awards like player of the year maybe even have a highlights reel that shows their best moments of the season. Then when the winners are announced do it from 3rd to 1st and have a short statement written explaining why they won the award and mentioning their stats.

What does everyone else think and do you have any suggestions in this area as well?

I don't think it should be improved in the way you have said, however I do agree that changes should be made.

Maybe just the introduction of new club awards. i.e Youth Team Player of the Year, Most Improved Player of the Year and Reserve Team Player of The Year

I like the idea, its just a question of detail.

I would go with something like:

A) Main message in inbox for "End of Season Awards" - Do you wish to attend? with options to attend or decline.

B) Sort of like the automatic cup draws for each award you could announce the contenders (Maybe even with pics/stats) and then the winner.

Once a season wouldn't be too much and you could always have the option not to attend.

I reckon a 3d engine where you're sat down looking at the stage waiting for your name to be called out, you can celebrate how you want if you win and shout jeers at other managers lol

Obviously you're kidding. But like the OP, this is a silly idea. Its a management game not a Sim Life game. If anything they should add a feature like they do with the European and Cup draws. An automatic system where a name appears out of a total number however the optin to skip this should be included.

Obviously you're kidding. But like the OP, this is a silly idea. Its a management game not a Sim Life game. If anything they should add a feature like they do with the European and Cup draws. An automatic system where a name appears out of a total number however the optin to skip this should be included.

How is it a silly idea? Every team has an awards evening at the end of the season. You already get told who won the player of the season so it would be realistic to be told who won the other awards.

Archived