Transfer fee's

Club enquires about my best player, i respond, they pull out.

I bid for players and they want 2, 3 or 4 times their value, but only ever willing to pay what my player is valued at.....

this is not real life is it? i'm not Many City :mad:

anyone else get a little sick of having to pay a fortune for not much better than average players (e.g 32yo Danny Guthrie £10 mill :eek:)

Then stop going after players who clubs clearly don't want to sell.

The value shown is a "media value". It assumes pretty much transfer listed (or nearly) conditions. The actual player value is a function of their importance and the clubs financial position. For example, Man City won't sell Robinho for 10 times his value, but Pompey in Administration would sell pretty much everyone for a cut price. Don't look at the value as if you were shopping down at the corner shop, it's not that, it's not even a guide. It's pretty much a point of reference that is independant of the player's importance to the club and the club's financial state, two things which are vitally important.

As for their offers. I've sold players for as much as 5 times their value before, it's not hard, they just have to be good players and playing football. If they have played reserves for the last 5 years and you all of a sudden want mega bucks for them, then you're kidding yourself. No matter how good the player is, the AI will never think of a reserve players as worth more than about 1-2 times their "market value" at best.

Buying and selling in this game is way off.

I have had bids refused like 25 millions for back up gKs, 30 million for a player playing in the championship. And 25 million for a 2.5 million rated 27 year old left back who had never played for his country and was back up for the first team.

I try to sell good quailty prem players so I can bring in some fresh faces for less than they are worth (under 2million) I don't get a single offer.

Everytime I want to sign a half decent defender I have to break the real life world record transfer fee.

By far the worst FM I can remember for buying and selling. It completly ruins long term games. Players wage demands are way off to.

seems like enquiries dont work properly...everytime i enquire a player i get dismissed,and if i m enquired and set the price lets say 1,5x the value the always refuse to pay

Hmmm...

I have an interesting theory.

What team do you support?

Anyhow, read the below. If you're not convinced test it yourself under proper conditions. Start bidding for reserve players (ones who aren't playing, so less than 10% of matches or something... Get a nice large set of data and you can make a plot of 10% possible game time against % market value. Might be interesting (if performed properly). If you don't feel like conducting that then you probably shouldn't complain as the reason why the enquiries are being knocked back is because the club have no intention of selling the player!

Buying and selling in this game is way off.

I have had bids refused like 25 millions for back up gKs, 30 million for a player playing in the championship. And 25 million for a 2.5 million rated 27 year old left back who had never played for his country and was back up for the first team.

I try to sell good quailty prem players so I can bring in some fresh faces for less than they are worth (under 2million) I don't get a single offer.

Everytime I want to sign a half decent defender I have to break the real life world record transfer fee.

By far the worst FM I can remember for buying and selling. It completly ruins long term games. Players wage demands are way off to.

Evidence is fun I hear?

I want names, I what place, I want times!

I also want clubs, financial details and pretty much any other information you can muster. No point saying it if you can't back it up.

Oh wait... There's Liverpool bidding £45 million for my backup striker... DAMN THE AIs LOW BIDS!

I agree that tranfers in fm are a bit iffy at times but sometimes teams want to sell players to you unless you REALLY convince them to aka dropping major green on said player.

When I was chelsea in fm 09 i made an offer for ronaldo at man utd....they wanted 170 million plus my best regen (who honestly was almost as good as ronaldo).

Oh and one more thing.....the relationship between you and the manager of said player and the relationship between the two teams (whether they are rivals or not) also affects their reluctance to sell a player to you

Transfers are rediculous! I had to pay 3m for that useless Gago guy from R.Madrid and 4m for that Malouda chap who struggles to get into the chelsea team. Robinho was offered to me for 9m and Hamsik for 10m? I've never even heard of those guys.

Archived