Spanish Second Division B1....

I decided I wanted a new challenge, started unemployed and went for any job availble as a low reputation manager and got a job with Portugalete (newly promoted) in the Spanish second division B1.

Needed a whole new team as the players already there where just appalling (as expected) so had to get a load of "better" players for free.

Obviously the whole new team need time to settle and such, but this is ridiculous!! tactics I usually use in the english leagues (including conference levels) don't work, tried allsorts but nothing seems to work. Actual example, was 3-0 up and ended losing 3-4. Maybe the challenge is a bit out of my reach...

Has anyone else tried doing this, and if so, how did you do? As I have attempted this before on previous versions of FM with similar outcomes. Just wondered if anyone had the patience to see it through to the end and/or even succeeded in doing so without cheating?

No, I haven't tried anything like this really. But I think you've found the problem yourself. You say that a tactic(s) you were using in the English Conference that were coming off aren't working. This is probably as you're up against totally different opposition styles, due to the culture clash. Obviously in England it's a lot more 'hoof-ball' especially the further down you go in the leagues, whereas Spain - I would imagine - is very much slow tempo passing football. Not sure wether this is the problem, but hope this gives some insight :thup:.

well mate i have took over at Sangonera (Spanish B4) i had a great pre - season won 6-0, 7-1 but since the season has started i have won 1 drew 3 and lost 7 and not scored in my last 3.

I was 3-1 away at half time and drew 3-3.

It is so frustrating i have tried about 4 different formations but nothing is working.

No, I haven't tried anything like this really. But I think you've found the problem yourself. You say that a tactic(s) you were using in the English Conference that were coming off aren't working. This is probably as you're up against totally different opposition styles, due to the culture clash. Obviously in England it's a lot more 'hoof-ball' especially the further down you go in the leagues, whereas Spain - I would imagine - is very much slow tempo passing football. Not sure wether this is the problem, but hope this gives some insight :thup:.

Good insight mate.:thup:

Thanks, I've tried a counter tactic with team instructions to "pass into space" and that seems to be better. Will let you know if its stable after a few games

Nice one mate... i was just leading 2-1 at home at half time .... went and lost 4-2 didn`t i:mad:

Nice one mate... i was just leading 2-1 at home at half time .... went and lost 4-2 didn`t i:mad:

yeah i was 2-0 up at half time and ended up losing and lost another 3 on the bounce. that doesn't seem to work either. ah well....:mad:

Sounds like you're saying something wrong at half-time.

thats probably it actually. I don't think I can speak spanish on my profile. There should be a selection on team talk that allows you to quote speedy gonzales

When you play in the lower leagues any good team tactic generally won't work. Players are fitter, slower and generally rubbish. Hoofing it forward is generally a good tactic simply because people move around less, for example.

Don't try anything special. Take a basic tactic, say the standard 4-4-2, and don't try anything fancy. Don't try to play like Arsenal - try playing like Blackburn.

When you play in the lower leagues any good team tactic generally won't work. Players are fitter, slower and generally rubbish. Hoofing it forward is generally a good tactic simply because people move around less, for example.

Don't try anything special. Take a basic tactic, say the standard 4-4-2, and don't try anything fancy. Don't try to play like Arsenal - try playing like Blackburn.

Yeah i have noticed this as well mate, i think i we tell the players to just `hoof the ball forward` and hope for the best:D

Come on Blackburn.... errrr i mean Sangonera

has anyone else managed Sangonera in the Spanish B4 division?

I'm playing as C.F. Granada in B4. Undefeated through 32 games thus far. Can't wait to move up leagues so I can get a couple non-EU players though.

Archived