Professional fouls.

Does the game fully recognise the professional foul?

I ask because in my latest match the opposition had their goalie sent off after a one-on-one foul on my striker. Immediately after their players complained to the ref and post match their manager was upset that the decision was harsh but was not willing to complain in order to avid a touchline ban.

It is my view that the game sees it as any other foul that results in a harsh red card. A red card is generally harsh for a straight foul tackle after all.

I had a player sent off in a previous match for a professional foul and was given the option to complain as it was viewed harsh by the media.

This is a major part of the game that, in my opinion, needs to be perfected for 09. It's always worked well in previous versions so, to be honest, I don't quite understand the contentions in 08. It's not game breaking of course, but it is niggling.

Does the game fully recognise the professional foul?

I ask because in my latest match the opposition had their goalie sent off after a one-on-one foul on my striker. Immediately after their players complained to the ref and post match their manager was upset that the decision was harsh but was not willing to complain in order to avid a touchline ban.

It is my view that the game sees it as any other foul that results in a harsh red card. A red card is generally harsh for a straight foul tackle after all.

I had a player sent off in a previous match for a professional foul and was given the option to complain as it was viewed harsh by the media.

This is a major part of the game that, in my opinion, needs to be perfected for 09. It's always worked well in previous versions so, to be honest, I don't quite understand the contentions in 08. It's not game breaking of course, but it is niggling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

The game does recognise a professional foul - the hints come up in the commentary. I always check the commentary to see if I should punish/fine the red-carded player of not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a not a lot of instances of the professional foul though, least not in my save game. I've seen more than a few occaisons where a player has been through on goal and been hacked down, only for the guilty player to get yellowed.

It was just the fact that every time I do see a sending off for a professional foul it seems to be disputed by the manager affected. It makes me curious that something small is wrong; maybe just the process of the game developing the managers reaction. Maybe the game sees a clear professional foul but something is making the AI manager just see a tackle because he doesn't recognise the professional foul rules. Does that make sense?

Archived