Stadium Expansion Capacity Zero?

I'm trying to see what size stadium teams have and who has eventual room for expansion and who are teams that will be locked into a small stadium for many years. Just browsing the database in the editor, not changing anything, I've noticed a very strange system of listing expansion capacities.

Sometimes the expansion capacity is higher which seems the most logical. Like for example Team A: cap 25661, expansion cap 30000.

Sometimes the capacity and expansion capacity are written as the same, like for Team B: cap 45362, expansion cap 45632

I've also found that sometimes the expansion capacity is a LOWER number than the capacity, like for Team C: cap 81193, expansion cap 80500.

Lastly, very often the expansion capacity merely says "0", like for Team D: capacity 38500, expansion capacity "0"! :confused:

If the expansion capacity is "0" does it mean that the stadium cannot be expanded? What is the difference between a team with expansion capacity "0" and a team with the same expansion capacity as capacity (Team B)????

What does "0" mean?! Is it random expansion capacity? That would make for some unrealistic stadiums....:confused:

You misunderstand, its like all four. All four of those teams are real examples I found in the editor. I just didn't want to post the teams in case somehow that is spoiling. I can tell you if you want, but lets just say they're all real teams. A and B from EPL and C and D from Serie A, but there are many more in all leagues of each type.

The question is what does it mean when expansion capacity says "0"???

You would think it meant no room to expand, but then what does the repeated number (Team B example) mean??? They must mean something different, but what???

Ok thanks for the help. I guess since people are ok with it Team C is Roma. Weird that Olimpico could get smaller- slightly.

Finally then, if "0" means random isn't that a bit odd too?

Like if a team has "random" expansion capacity does this mean it could be 5000 more seats, 8000 more seats, 20000 more seats... etc? Thats a big difference.

The main question then is: would the "random" number be re-generated from game to game? Kind of like random PA's?

So, say I started a game with one of these "random" teams and immediately asked for expansion. If the board say no room or council will never permit etc... can I take that to mean that they "randomly" got no expansion room?

Likewise, if I ask and they say, "we're considering it", can I assume it randomly has a certain amount of expansion room??

Archived