where do i install the patch

how do you run the installer?

Open whichever folder you've downloaded it into. Double click on the patch file, and then wait for a couple of minutes while it updates the game files. That's all you need to do.

mine did a winzip self extractor but then stopped responding?

Yep, it is a winzip self-extractor so that bit is fine.

Mine appeared to stop responding, but then worked after a minute or two - you do have to be patient with it. But if it just freezes, and stays like that, it may well be that your download is corrupt.

If that is the case, try re-downloading it. Make sure you use the direct download rather than the torrent version - I had problems installing patches I downloaded via torrent.

im still just getting the 'it opens explorer, then its open or save or cancel'

if you open it, it opens internet explorer and gives u the three options again, if you save it, its just saves it but does not update the game.

Can you post some screenshots of what is appearing on your screen?

In case you don't know how to do that, click on the 'prt sc' button, then open paint, and press ctrl and v together to paste the image. Save it as a jpg file, and then upload it onto http://imageshack.us. Once it gives you the link, post the link here and I'll have a look at it and see if I can give any suggestions.

Just a thought, and it's probably a stupid question, but have you downloaded the correct version of the patch? I just ask because I started downloading the version of the patch for the downloaded version of the game the other day, when I actually own the boxed version.

I did realise my error before I ran the patch though!

i download it and it says cannot open file please chose a program to open with or i can go on internet which do i choose?

I had this and just added .exe to the file name and seems to be working now. Are changed the file type from patch to application. Hope it helps

Archived