Future idea: More detailed Scout Reports

I love the scout reports and have done since they have been introduced to fm, but as fm10 has arrived, and has become more advanced and detailed, I feel that the scout eports have unfortunately not followed.

In fm10, instead of being in just one position, there are different roles for every different type of player, which I think improves the game alot.

But I think that the scout reports for each player should be for specific roles. For example, every scout report atm would say that Rooney is better than Crouch. But if you were looking for a target man, the best choice would be Crouch.

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't say it's easy to figure out what role a player is because you would have to remember 10 or more different attributes.

Tall, strong bloke = target man

Quick, tiny guy = poacher

I agree that it would be nice to mention it in the report though, especially for midfielders as I'm having trouble finding the right roles :D

More detail would be nice, but what I really want from the scout reports is to recognise players weaknesses based on his position. If I have a centre back who is poor at jumping, I shouldn't be told that his set pieces are his weakness even if they are worse because they just don't have the impact on his game as his poor jumping does.

And we also need the scout reports to judge a players ability and potential on his key attributes for his position and not his CA. Should we really get reports on strikers claiming they have amazing potential when they can't finish, or a centre back as a potential world beater who can't jump? Granted I know this will largely be affected by the fact that regen attributes are poorly distributed at the moment, but I still think scouting should be like this.

Also it would be nice if the scout reports gave the scout's opinion on the other roles he plays. Usually when comparing they will say "X is not as good as or best striker Y" and "X has the potential to be better than Y in the future", but if they are a striker and a right winger there is no comparison for the secondary role on scout reports which would be quite useful.

some realism in the reports

my 20JPP/JPA scout rated Cristiano Ronaldo at 3 stars (yes, this is start of game)

i know that my team rep is 10000, but still..... he should be better than 3 stars

3 stars is a good signing. Since your rep is 10000 I'm going to assume you have some great players, equal to CR. Sounds about right to me.

i think there'is a confusion because the Stars system is relative to your own team. it's not an absolute system - ie Ronaldo, Kaka, Rooney etc are "5 Star Players", but instead it would depend on the players you already have. that's why these world class players can become "3 Star players" because you already have great players in their positions.

Archived