League Form.

Just looking for some advice her really....

I have a young (21 years old) striker with classic Striker stats; finishing, pace, heading, creativity etc. all very high. I'm Arsenal and in the cup he has scored 10 goals in 7, in continental football he's got 6 in 5 but in the league he's only got 6 goals in 16. This trend has been going on for the last few seasons that he has been in the first team (despite playing 20+ games per season his highest goal tally in the league is 8). I don't change my tactics between league and cup games and (except in the early stages obvioulsy) they aren't really easier games so I can't think of a reason that his otherwise excellent form deserts him in the league. Any ideas or suggestion on how to jelp him would be much appreciated. (pwease)

a "Big Match" player

Yeah the international report says he favours the big matches so I suppose the do or die cup games.

hows his fitness................might be week in week out is too big an ask

Like I say he's only 21 so I'm not playing him week in week out yet anyway. He gets rested in cup games as much as in league games though so I@m not sure how much impact it would have.

Archived