Longest spent in one league?

Was stuck in League One with Bristol Rovers for five seasons before getting the sack. Sadly, each year I'd only managed to improve upon my league position by one place (finally ending with a lost playoffs match). It was tough work and the next time I managed them I got them up to the Premiership (and promptly back out) within three seasons, not sure what I did differently.

2-3 years at most. Usually challenging for promotion but failing in play-offs. You need to be very active in transfer market if you want quick promotions. This usually means you team will have mostly foreign players though.

Look at u19 and u21 squads and offer everyone without a contract a trial. Also when new regens are generated scout the clubs if you can find some good youngsters for little money. It shouldnt be that difficult to find good championship level players.

On my current save 4 years... (mind you I'm Aston Villa :D)

In my Notts County save I got promoted twice in two seasons, sat in the Championship for 4 years then got promoted. Finished 18th in my first prem season so they sacked me... That was the end of that save.

Archived