Anyway to force the use of certain players in reserves/youth teams?

I don't really want to personally manage the games of my reserves and youth teams. But I do like to have some say in who plays and where.

Is there any way I can force the Reserves/Youth manages to use certain players in certain positions?

F.x. if I during the season take in some trialists, I want to make sure that they get some time on the field in the positions I want to test them in. But often my AssMan won't use them, or use them in positions in which they don't fit.

Or maybe I want to give some of my youth players a chance on the Reserves team, but the AssMan thinks he is better of using my no-good 34 year old instead.

I think in one of the earlier editions of FM, if you added a player to a position in the tactics screen before the game, they would be used in that position by the AssMan.

In this game, he often will, but sometimes not ... so players I might want to test won't be used or played out of position.

Anything I can do about that?

aahh ok :)

Makes sense :)

I am ok with the fact that he sometimes substitutes my trialists etc. .. and that the guy coming in might be out of position. I just want to make sure that my guy gets time in the position I put him in.

Thanks for the advice.

Hmmm .. having tried the suggestion given, it doesn't really work as I had hoped.

My Youth team plays a normal 4-4-2, while my first team plays a 4-3-3. Now if I set the players I want in the youth tactics (in the 4-4-2 formation), and set 'Use current tactics'. The tactics used will be the one from the 1st. team, and the AssMan still selects whomever he wants, and not the guys I selected.

Using this option, am I then forced to play with whatever tactics my 1st. team is playing at the moment??

Hmmm .. having tried the suggestion given, it doesn't really work as I had hoped.

My Youth team plays a normal 4-4-2, while my first team plays a 4-3-3. Now if I set the players I want in the youth tactics (in the 4-4-2 formation), and set 'Use current tactics'. The tactics used will be the one from the 1st. team, and the AssMan still selects whomever he wants, and not the guys I selected.

Using this option, am I then forced to play with whatever tactics my 1st. team is playing at the moment??

Surely you want your youth team to play the same tactics as your first team? :confused:

I ALWAYS have my reserves/youths to play the exact same formation and tactics as my first team are currently playing. This prepares them for the first team, and gets the player used to the position and style of play that they will be xpected to play in the first team.

Well not always :)

Since 4-3-3 (with no wingers) is not the only formation I use, I still have ML/MRs in my squad, whom I like to keep sharp in the Reserves team, so when I need to play with wide men, I don't have players who are useless since they haven't played a game in weeks.

Also i play 4-4-2 in the youth team so my wingers there get games and training before I move them up to the reserves/first team.

Archived