Loan Deals - Stupid AI

Another one of those stupid AI moments.

Roque Santa Cruz is available for loan at Man City, he's paid 55kp/w. I submit an offer to loan him, City want 190k as an initial fee and also want me to pay 50% of his wages. The first fee is no problem, the board however, will only allow me enough money to cover 40% of his wages.

I submit the offer anyway, rejected. They want 50%. No problem, I'll give them an extra 250k. If I pay the extra 10% wages, it would save City 220k. So my idea is that by paying extra for the initial fee, I would cover what they'd actually save.

I submit the offer, rejected. They want 50% wage contribution.

It's becoming a problem now. I offer 500k as the initial fee. Rejected. They want 50% wage contribution.

Now, I realise that this is broken. My next offer is 10m as an initial fee and 40% wage contribution. Rejected. :rolleyes:

This is something that SI have worked on for players but this is something that has been overlooked.

yea ive seen this before and it never really made much sense from more than one point of view. on the one hand why would the board cap your potential wage if theyre going to allow it to go out in a fee anyway, as well as how you showeed it above.

yea ive seen this before and it never really made much sense from more than one point of view. on the one hand why would the board cap your potential wage if theyre going to allow it to go out in a fee anyway, as well as how you showeed it above.

A valid point but I think that's just due to my giant transfer budget. I ended up getting Santa Cruz by shifting some of my budget into my wage bill.

Archived