Importance of the crossing stat for wingers

I have seemed to struggle a lot with this version of fm to find players with high crossing ability (either its more prevalent or iv just noticed it this time round). i have big strikers so i want to play wide and put in a lot of crosses. it seems that most wide players that are willing to come to my (championship) club have very average or bad crossing stats.

as i was looking specifically for a crosser i bit the bullet and bought the only player (chris brunt) i could find with 18 crossing. his other stats werent amazing but i dont need him to go round everyone, as long as he can put a cross on a players head. turns out hes toss. even if he is in acres of space he waits until he has been closed down before he crosses and i regularly get "cross completion" stats of 0 - 10%.

there are a lot of great wingers who are fast dribblers but have crappy crossing stats and i would like to know how important people think this stat is to a winger. lennon, walcott etc all seem to do fine with low crossing stats.

If you have played fm09 then you would notice that fm10 crosses are not that good, and seem pretty pointless anyway because even when they do get in the box the headers from the strikers are always really soft even from 4 yards.

The GK always catches it

This is with edin dzeko

Ive never scored a header from a cross yet

Im guessing this is a bug

Has anybody ever noticed this

SI?

I use Lennon on the wing as a natural winger and although his crossing stats aren't brilliant, he's often in so much space that occasionally he does pick out a good ball for crouch. So perhaps it's a combination of them being able to get into space. Not sure why your winger would wait until he's closed down, one of my mates loves Chris Brunt in an AML position. Michael McIndoe always did a good job for my MK dons team in the Championship. But agree with LFCMatt. There aren't many natural wingers in world football at the moment, so you have to search long and hard for them. Most of the good ones are already at big clubs.

For some reason players seem to slow down to invite the full back to block the cross. Also they seem to across it backwards into the full back sometimes as opposed to right across. It's like they're kicking it backwards at the defender, not trying to cross the ball at all.

I've given up on wing play, set up to attack through the middle now.

If you have played fm09 then you would notice that fm10 crosses are not that good, and seem pretty pointless anyway because even when they do get in the box the headers from the strikers are always really soft even from 4 yards.

The GK always catches it

This is with edin dzeko

Ive never scored a header from a cross yet

Im guessing this is a bug

Has anybody ever noticed this

SI?

I've scored many a header in FM10, i won 3-0 not too long ago. Skejlberd and Milevski x2, all three were headers from cross from Renan.

Archived