Change User Folder Location?

I was wondering if its possible to change to location of the user folder (graphics/tactics etc..)

the reason I ask is, I run a dual boot machine with 1st OS on 1 partition, 2nd OS on 2 partition, and data on 3 partition

So instead of copying from one OS to the other when i download facepacks etc... just save them in the Data partition and be able to read that folder on the games on either OS

so instead of c:/users/my docs/sports interactive/football manager 10...

it could be e:/sports interactive/football manager 10....

I know you can change the save location, but can't find anything about changing this folder

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread...

I'd like to change my user data folder in Football Manager 2012. I can see the current user data folder in my preferences and change it by copy/pasting the user data folder location I want there, however... there's no way of saving the changes. Does anyone have a solution for me?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'd like an answer to this aswell please.

As my FM12 has all of sudden, changed the default data folder to:

c:/programfiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2012

I would like to change it back to:

c:/users/my docs/sports interactive/football manager 2012

Because I want to get my downloaded Faces/Logos back onto the game, and it will take too long to copy them from the My Documents folder, to the Steam Folder.

I've tried going onto the prefrences, on FM12 and changing it, but it's greyed out.

I can click on the location, but if I press the delete button, or type any letter, it doesn't do anything.

sb4mq.jpg

Thanks.

Archived