Scouting opposition

Is it right that you don't get the old fashioned scout reports anymore about the opposition ie they play 4-4-2 and look to get the ball down etc

Do I assume this is now covered in the meeting with the back room staff? I do have 1 of my scouts assigned to next opposition but the old style reports never appear?

if you have a scout scouting the "next opposition", you should have a pre-match mail in your inbox, with a scouting report - usually get it around the "pre-match meeting" mail, if this is what you mean?!? :confused:

I've done that but no reports appear. Thanks for letting me know they still exist though. Interestingly I can only assign my 2nd scout as my main scout doesn't have the option to scout opposition as he is "involved in competition" or something like that??

I've done that but no reports appear. Thanks for letting me know they still exist though. Interestingly I can only assign my 2nd scout as my main scout doesn't have the option to scout opposition as he is "involved in competition" or something like that??
if he's scouting something else, you won't be able to instruct him to scout opposition; if you cancel the competition scouting, you should be able to re-assign him;

check your inbox for the scouting mails, they are easy to miss!

if he's scouting something else, you won't be able to instruct him to scout opposition; if you cancel the competition scouting, you should be able to re-assign him;

check your inbox for the scouting mails, they are easy to miss!

Just looked and tried again and it now says no2 scout is assigned to opposition so that looks sorted. However my main scout is only scouting U18's + Ireland and no mention of a competition. Could it be that 2 assignments is the max so I would have to release him from 1?

Just looked and tried again and it now says no2 scout is assigned to opposition so that looks sorted. However my main scout is only scouting U18's + Ireland and no mention of a competition. Could it be that 2 assignments is the max so I would have to release him from 1?

Isn't Under 18s a competition?

I generally assign my scouts just one assignment at a time. Imagine having to travel to Ireland and back every time!

the "competition" is possibly Ireland/Irish League - not sure if the U-18's is classed as a competition as such; you should only need one scout to scout opposition anyway, so why release him?

it is possible to *sometimes* have a scout assigned to two 'jobs', e.g. England and English U-18s or something; you don't always get the option for a second scouting job, if it simply isn't available....

Archived