Tactic Screen Ideas

I've got a couple of ideas that might simplify things a little bit more for us managers.

Firstly, from what I understand, Player Roles configure the sliders beneath it in the "Advanced" tab. I understand it must be tedious for the developers to create one million roles per position, so why not let us individuals have the option of creating our own player roles? I know some people will say we already have more than enough options, or that we can simply configure it ourselves every time, but it can save us a lot of trouble if we can save our configurations.

It'll be nothing more than saving a set of instructions, really, from what I see in the tactical wizard right now.

This feature is in Fifa Manager and whilst I'm not comparing, it'll certainly be useful. I for one have been trying my best to utilize the tactical wizard and the new interface as much as possible, so I don't really want to look at the sliders too often. Going in once to make one set of custom instructions for the Lionel Messi's, the Cristiano Ronaldo's, or even for Arsenal fans, the Thomas Vermaelen's (Long shots) should be enough and this should be accessible throughout all savegames.

Secondly, regarding the set-piece customization: Could the set pieces be accessible from the default, or 'basic' tactical view?

And lastly, again regarding set-pieces: Championship Manager 2010 (terribly annoying game by the way) has one redeeming section: Set-piece creation. It's a separate page from the tactical setup (which is also very confusing) and allows pinpoint customization of different set-pieces. This is the one thing I liked about Championship Manager 2010. It might seem kind of confusing and tedious for some players, but something like that would be welcome...and pretty fun to customize as well.

I agree with the custom player roles. They are indeed just a saved set of settings saved with a name. So it should be possible to create your own roles.

The set-piece editor would be a nice addition indeed, but imho not worth the work that needs to be put into creating it.

Archived