Council owned pitch - how to get it re laid ?

Hi,

aiming to take Bath City from the BSS to the premiership and making progress. in Coca Cola league 2 now but my pitch is in rag order..... really impacting my play.

my problem is that my requests for a pitch relay are denied as the council owns the pitch.... is there any way round this? will the council ever relay it?

thanks

Darren

Im assuming the board would have to either build a new stadium or buy your existing one. Either way you'll need a lot of cash so i wouldn't hold out much hope of it happening soon.

You'd think the council would bend over backwards like they did with Newcastle some years back. They should look at it and say "league 2 = more visiting fans which means more tourism money, and hey, if we speculate and give the club a better playing surface we may get to league 1 which means even more fans and even more money".

I had to play from BSP up to Premiership before my board allowed me to change the pitch whenever I want. Up to the Premiership, the board only accepted to change the pitch at the beginning of the season, useless to mention that each home game from November looks like a Sunday rugby match during monsoon! But if it’s fine for the board, then…

I had to play from BSP up to Premiership before my board allowed me to change the pitch whenever I want. Up to the Premiership, the board only accepted to change the pitch at the beginning of the season, useless to mention that each home game from November looks like a Sunday rugby match during monsoon! But if it’s fine for the board, then…

This is one thing that bothers me about FM. The boards should be programmed to be more pro-active. Rather than waiting for something to happen then reacting to it, wouldn't it be great if they planned for things such as new stadiums or upgrades etc etc.

Archived