Moving a Database and Game

alexeilh

Morning. Could use a hand.

On my Mac, I made a database, using the default database (I think). Anyway, made that, and made a save game, now about 2 years in.

I've now got a decent PC, and I wanted to copy all of that over to it, so I could carry on the save. Copied the database and game from the folder within 'My Documents' area.

Put them in the right place, the database is loadable for a new game, but the save says it cannot be loaded, a number of popups appear, and then it stops bothering and goes back to the main screen.

Have I copied the right stuff? If not, what do I take?

Cheers.

(PS. Mac/PC. If you know what to take from the PC, I know where that is on a Mac.)

Morning. Could use a hand.

On my Mac, I made a database, using the default database (I think). Anyway, made that, and made a save game, now about 2 years in.

I've now got a decent PC, and I wanted to copy all of that over to it, so I could carry on the save. Copied the database and game from the folder within 'My Documents' area.

Put them in the right place, the database is loadable for a new game, but the save says it cannot be loaded, a number of popups appear, and then it stops bothering and goes back to the main screen.

Have I copied the right stuff? If not, what do I take?

Cheers.

(PS. Mac/PC. If you know what to take from the PC, I know where that is on a Mac.)

Are the Mac and PC versions even compatible?

In any case, the savegames and databases go into the my documents\sports interactive\football manager 2008 folder. Saves go into the \saves subfolder, and databases go into the \db subfolder. AFAIK, databases should have their own subfolder within the \db folder.

Archived