FM Transfers & Real Life Transfers!

As a Man Utd fan, who regularly checks BBC Gossip and Man Utds what the papers say, I always notice the young players United are linked with or given trial too and then scout them in FM and more often than not end up adding them to my team!

It's actually helped me discover a lot of quality players who I probably wouldn't have came across if not for the real life media!

Axel Witsel, Jovetic (the serbian boy), Ljajic, and recently Uros Cosic. I even remember us being linked to Obertan when FM 07 was the game on the market and I even got to know him back then!

Granted United have not followed up interest in any of these players (bar Obertan) but it has opened me up to them and thus given me a more useful scouting tool than any scouting network or scouting app!

Interestingly however, a reversal happened, United took a player on trial this month who I "discovered" in FM 07 I think it was, Even Hovland who to me was the best back up defender I ever had! It makes me proud when I see a young player who I "worked with" in a FM game make it big in the real world!

Granted United have not followed up interest in any of these players (bar Obertan) but it has opened me up to them and thus given me a more useful scouting tool than any scouting network or scouting app!

Errors ;)...

Jovetic isn't Serbian, plays for Montenegro.

Man Utd followed up interest in Adam Ljajic and bought him, loaned him back to his club, but only at the end of this month did that deal fall through due to work permit issues.

But back on topic, I know what you mean!

Sometimes when reading papers you hear about some young 15-16 year old that United or Chelsea want to buy, and then you FM them straight away to see how good they are :p and if they are under-age, you wait until next years edition and he is one of the first people you search for. (Like the QPR lad and Wolves lad on FM11 :))

Archived