I can not get my edited data to show, help please

This is driving me insane. I have edited the data for FMH and put it onto my MSPD but my changes never seem to show up in the game.

Obviously there is some sort of user error that I am missing.

Here is what I am doing step by step

This is me using Marc's FHM editor

In the main PSP folder create a folder called Common

Inside this create a folder called FHM 2010

Inside this create a blank text file called 'changes'

Use Marc's data editor to edit the desired data

Save the data overwriting the blank 'changes' text file

Look at the text file to ensure the data changed is correct

Load the MSPD back into the PSP

Start a new game

Check for changes

I do all this and the changes never show up inside my game. Obviously I have went wrong somewhere. When I go back and look at my text file the data contained inside it looks good as per the thread on changing data. The data editor is working just fine.

It seems I am either creating the file wrong or putting the text file in the wrong place and the game does not know to check it before loading up the database.

So can someone check over my process and correct me or just give me the step by step on how to do it?

Huge thanks for any forthcoming help

Is the folder called FMH 2010 or FMH2010? Don't know if it makes a difference but i can't see anything wrong with what your doing.
can you post what you are changing?

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Purpose: This file contains database edits for the PSP FMH2010 game.

# Format: "CLUB" "<Name>" "<Nation>" "<New Name>" "<New Short Name>" "<Reputation>" "<Division>"

# Format: "PLAYER" "<First Name>" "<Second>" "<Club Name>" "<New First Name>" "<New Second Name>" "<New Common Name>" "<New YOB>" "<New CA>" "<New PA>" "<New Club>"

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# START PLAYER CHANGES

"PLAYER""Charles" "Kazlauskas" "Helmond Sport" "Jared" "Henry" "" "1991" "130" "200" "PSV"

"PLAYER""Nemanja" "Pejcinovic" "FK Rad Beograd" "Niko" "Bellic" "" "1991" "130" "180" ""

"PLAYER""Mathias" "Fetsch" "TSV 1860 München" "Lukas" "Dietrich" "" "1993" "118" "200" ""

# END PLAYER CHANGES

# START CLUB CHANGES

# END CLUB CHANGES

This is just an example of the changes made. I have many more than this but I decided to use these three changes as a test and I cannot even get them to work :(

I have used Marc's editor so I do not believe that the problem lies in the changes itself. It is probably an error in the way I have the folders set up

the 3 players that you have edited are on the database that you have picked? if they arent in the database(s) you are playing they wont show up in the game.

And you have called the file changes and not changes.txt? the .txt is added automatically

the 3 players that you have edited are on the database that you have picked? if they arent in the database(s) you are playing they wont show up in the game.

And you have called the file changes and not changes.txt? the .txt is added automatically

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. The text file is the only one that I have created and I am guessing the only one that tries to load up upon creating a new game.

To try and answer your question they are in the text file database. Does the game automatically check for the text file upon creating a new game or do I have to do something to add it?

I named the file 'changes'

I left the .txt off because as you say it is added automatically.

He said this because 99% of Windows users look at their files without the extension.

If all of your other files on your computer have .xxx extensions (eg. documentname.doc, picture.jpg, movie.avi) then you'll need to add the .txt on, but if you have these hidden then you'll want it just as 'changes'.

If that didn't make much sense you have 2 options:

1- Put the .txt on the end and see if it works

2- Check the 'Hide extensions for known filetypes' in [Tools] -> [Folder Options] on your Windows PC. Make sure the box is UNTICKED and check that the filename of your file reads 'changes.txt'

Also just to clear it up, you will have to start a new game for the changes to take effect, and it will locate and implement them automatically.

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. The text file is the only one that I have created and I am guessing the only one that tries to load up upon creating a new game.

To try and answer your question they are in the text file database. Does the game automatically check for the text file upon creating a new game or do I have to do something to add it?

are the players you edited definitely on the databases you have loaded for your game? as if they are not the changes wont appear on the game

The problem has improved a bit. I am now getting some of my changes to show up and other changes are not showing up. It seems to matter which nations I have selected as playable as to whether the players show up as changed or not.

I am still getting used to the more limited database instead of the PC version where I just load everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived