How can I go back to an earlier patch?

Hello,

So I downloaded fm09 via steam about half a year ago and I've been happily playing it ever since. One thing I should point out now is that I use fm genie scout to help me out. I know a lot of people may now label me a cheat for that - and they may well be right - but that's the way I enjoy the game. I take great enjoyment in taking a small time club from insignificance to glory, and as small time clubs generaly have rubbish scouts I need a little help along the way. I suppose I see it more as a football based RPG where I have wenger-esque super powers, and it still takes me about 8 seasons before I start to reap any rewards cupwise because I don't ever edit the game is any way or reload savegames (I do have SOME pride).

ANYWAY, the other day fm09 was updated to patch 9.3.1 automatically via steam and now my genie scout doesn't recognise the game. I know I should see this as an opportunity to 'learn to play' without cheating or just buy fm10, but I'm not that big a man and I've invested too much in my youth team to just drop them and move on.

Can anyone help me? I'm sure there will be no updates to genie scout for fm09 now 10 is out. Is there a way I can go back to the previous version? Can I uninstall and then reinstall with the older patch? I feel like purchasing via steam could cause a real problem here...

Sorry for the essay. Any help greatly appreciated!

I'm pretty sure you can turn automatic updates off in Steam. Not sure how though.

The normal way of going back is to just uninstall and install again. Then patch to whatever patch you want. Note that if you saved a game in 9.3.1 - it probably won't work in any earlier version.

Archived