League Cup

POB2

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked/mentioned before. Ive noticed with the league cup that the big 4 are playing their strongest teams from the 3rd round on (when they enter the comp). Whereas as we all know, in reality Wenger plays the kids, Fergie plays the reserves and Rafa & Carlo mix and match. SI is there a remedy for this in later games?

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked/mentioned before. Ive noticed with the league cup that the big 4 are playing their strongest teams from the 3rd round on (when they enter the comp). Whereas as we all know, in reality Wenger plays the kids, Fergie plays the reserves and Rafa & Carlo mix and match. SI is there a remedy for this in later games?

I see what you mean but I guess in reality it would be hard to implement. :)

I see what you mean but I guess in reality it would be hard to implement. :)

Not really. Coaches and managers can have hidden attributes which decide cartain things they do when their team is AI run. (Check out staff in the editor and go to their prefered moves or whatever its called.)

For example. "Buys lots of youth players", "Spends budget on one target" and ......

"Plays youngsters in non-essential cup games"..

There are quite a few more.

Not really. Coaches and managers can have hidden attributes which decide cartain things they do when their team is AI run. (Check out staff in the editor and go to their prefered moves or whatever its called.)

For example. "Buys lots of youth players", "Spends budget on one target" and ......

That would be staff, not club. If the manager left and another one brought in, such a feature would be rendered moot.

Ok cool you learn something new everyday! I don't use the editor but that is very interesting. But I guess the key word is what denotes non essential, A.Wenger plays youth in the League Cup and as seen this season in the CL when already qualified, but then once programmed to play reserve or youth players would there be a chance that they would play for the rest of the tournament. Ben has said it refers to staff so it could work either way in terms of it being dependant on the manager. :)

That would be staff, not club. If the manager left and another one brought in, such a feature would be rendered moot.

Good point.

But is that not how it should be?

A new manager brings new ideas, as in real life.

I think SI should make more use of this feature and give managers bigger personalities in the game. It wouldnt be hard, the personalty traits are already there.

These traits should also change when staff go to different clubs. The level of importance for the league cup differs between clubs. A manager taking over a club that is in europe might change his policy towards lesser comps.

PS. No manager worth his salt would allow the "Club" to determine who plays in any competition, unless that is written into his contract which he then signs, then it would be his own fault if the club interfered.

Archived