Data Update for FM Handheld?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by basile:

As fm 2007 is out in November, will there be an update at the end of the january transfer window for it, like there is for the pc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We haven't released full information on the features for FMH2007 at this stage and I'm afraid because of that I can't answer that question at the moment ...

(although that should give you a large hint about one possible feature icon_wink.gif )

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by basile:

As fm 2007 is out in November, will there be an update at the end of the january transfer window for it, like there is for the pc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We haven't released full information on the features for FMH2007 at this stage and I'm afraid because of that I can't answer that question at the moment ...

(although that should give you a large hint about one possible feature icon_wink.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ooh...since we can edit the database now does that mean we can get data updates in 2007? icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ooh...since we can edit the database now does that mean we can get data updates in 2007? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will indeed be possible for people to create updates, whether SI do 'official' ones isn't decided yet.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

Will the editor work just like the PC version, and how much of the editor (if anything) will be left out due to the restrictions of the PSP? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The editing is done through a configuration file (text based) simply because it allows you to do it on a PC and then place it on the PSP (editing on the PSP itself would be somewhat awkward imho - especially typing in names etc.).

I'm hoping post Gold Master I'll find time to make an editor so you don't actually have to get your hands dirty with editing the text file - shouldn't take me too long to knock up (he says optimistically icon_wink.gif ).

Once this is completed I'll obviously make it available for download for people.

Secondary thing I'm hoping to manage to do is make an editor which will allow you to edit the teams used in network play so people can create files containing 'classic' teams from football history and suchlike (ie. England 1966 team etc.).

• 1 month later...

mmmmmm

I can see it now, a Premiership made up of the 20 best Brighton teams in history, the 1910 Charity Shield Winners, the Third div south winners, the forth div winners, the second division promotion squad, the fa cup finalists, the possibilies are endless.

Will it be possible to edit the kits as well?

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fevs:

Will the updates take up space on our Memory Cards?

Also, what about logo and competition packs, will they be the same ones downloaded for FM07 (PC)? will they take up much space? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All of the above would take up fairly minimal space unless you get really really carried away.

The main reason that the database editing is done via. config files for instance is to ensure that you don't have to keep a copy of the database on your memory stick to edit things (which is quite large obviously and would have prevented people with 32Mb sticks from doing editing).

Archived