Official Boston United Thread : The Pilgrims

737.gif

Boston United F.C. The Pilgrims

History

Boston United Football Club are a football club based in Boston, Lincolnshire, England Boston United play at York Street, currently styled as The Staffsmart Stadium through a sponsorship deal. The club was founded in 1934 as a successor to a club called Boston F.C., and had a moderate amount of success in various leagues, including the Midland League and Southern League. They were founder members of the Northern Premier League in 1968, of which they were champions four times, and of the Alliance Premier League (now the Football Conference) in 1979. Their main rivals are Lincoln City. Boston are nicknamed the Pilgrims, although they were briefly nicknamed the Skyrockets during the 1985/86 season due to their long-ball style of play.

They went fully professional in 2001. In their first season as a professional club, Boston won the Conference and were promoted to the Football League.However, in the wake of their promotion, Boston's manager, Steve Evans, and former chairman, Pat Malkinson, were charged with breaking the Football Association's rules over the registration of players. Both men received bans from the FA, and the club were fined and docked four points from their first season in the League.In May 2007 Boston were relegated from Football League Two on the last day of the season. Steve Evans and his assistant Paul Raynor on May 27th resigned from the club.

Originally scheduled to play the 2007/8 season in the Conference National, this position was immediately placed in doubt after the club's chairman Jim Rodwell entered Boston into a Company Voluntary Arrangement late in their last game so as not to be penalised for the 2007/8 season - 10 points are docked from the past season, instead of the next, allowing them to have a clean start in the Conference. As a result of HM Revenue & Customs placing a restriction into the CVA of Boston not being allowed to pay football creditors 100% of what they were owed, as per FA rules, on June 9, Boston were relegated two divisions and are now scheduled to start 2007/8 in the Conference North division, two steps below the Football League.

Notable Former Players

Ray Middleton (Footballer)

Jim Smith

Howard Wilkinson

Paul Gascoigne (Boston was Gascoigne's last club)

Honours

FA Trophy runners-up 1984-85

Football Conference champions 2001-02

Southern League champions 1999-2000, runners-up 1998-99

Northern Premier League champions 1972-73, 1973-74, 1975-76, 1976-77, 1997-98, runners-up 1971-72

Midland League runners-up 1955-56

Central Alliance League champions 1961-62

United Counties League champions 1965-66

West Midlands (Regional) League champions 1966-67, 1967-68

Lincolnshire Senior Cup Winners 2005-2006

Club Information

Founded: 1934

Rep: Local

Chairman status : Loves The Club

Finances : okay

Estimated Value: €150k Loan Debt €1.9m

Training Facilites: Adequate Training Facilites

Youth Facilites: Basic Youths Facilites + Youth Academy

Rivals: Lincoln

Current Squad Newest patch

GK Simon Rayner loan

GK Lee Crockett

GK chris Wright

Def Rob wesley

Def Matt Bloomer

Def Paul Ellender

Def Jonas Glendrange

Def Tony Crane

Def Tom Matthews

Def Liam Green

Mid Stewart Talbot

Mid Tomas Gibertson

Mid David Galbraith

Mid Ashley Nicholls

Mid Matt O'Halloran

Mid Mbiyege Medine

Mid Lee Thompson

St Adam Rowntree

St Jon Froggat

St Kieron Leabon

when you take over as manager of the pilgrims you are told by the chairman he wants to be in a safe position in the Blue Square Premier by the end of 2 years. so you need to get promtion nearly straight away.

Transfer Budget €0 don't let that put u off as You have over €4k to spend on wages and with the board adjustment you can have almost €140k for transfers so happy days

And if u are thinking about starting a game as boston make sure u load poland as u will get some brillant players for free and not much on the wages either.

So i hope other people out there are playing as them or are thinking about playing a lower league game pop in here and we help u bring boston to the Premier league.

So i have started as the pilgrims and i was told are weakness was are attack so i set out to find new players and poland was were i found nearly all my players.

Transfers In

Maziarz Szymon Free: Tricky Left winger

Maciej Mysiak €0 +10 % :very strong DM

Sergiusz Prusak €0 +10%: the best lower league goalkeeper out there for the first season

Sebastian Jagla Free : one for the future

Scott Cousins free : solid LB

Daniel Dylewski Free : quick Striker

Pawel Kuduba €0 +10% : 16 y/o St and is tipped to be great

Adrian Dragan €0 +10% : Very Good RB

Piotr Wisniewski €0 +10 % : only 17 and his stats are class

Artur Reszczynski €0 +10% : Young DC

I haven't sold anyone yet but i have pick out the people i don't want and transfer listed them and moved down to the Reserves.

i have to go to work now, i will update on any more transfers new and my friendlys and if u want any screenie of them players before u buy them just lets us know and i get u one.

is there anyone else playing as Boston utd??? post in here then icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by ginger_mourinho:

Have a save with Oxford currently but this seems like an interesting challenge

Good to see your thinking about playing as them icon_wink.gif and that you already play with lower league teams.

your right it is a very interesting challenge and a very enjoyable one too. with a bit of hard work,time and luck you can clear the debt and get promtions back into the football league.

hope u take on the challenge

Originally posted by jess boi:

this could be interesting mate, im also doing oxford at the moment but this certainly seems more challenging, might give this a go icon14.gif

thats good to hear m8 icon14.gif

as i said before its a very interesting challenge but enjoyable at the same time. lets us know if u take over the pilgrims and post your career in here m8

rite im off to play my match so i might be on at around 11. hope to see more people using this thread when i get back icon_smile.gif

Asked the board for a Parent club and they gave me two clubs to be linked with: Nottingham Forrest or Leicester City

i Picked Notts Forrest and they sent me down two very good players

Hamza Bencherif DC

Alan Power MC

After no offers where coming in for my players on the Tranfer list i offered them to clubs and soon the offers came flooding in.

Transfers Out

Matt O'Halloran €2k

Lee Thompson €10k

Chris Wright €9k + 20%

Still one or two players i need to get rid off

I have just finished my friendly's and some ok results, i wasn't bothered on the results but i was mainly focusing on my tactic getting it right and finding out who is good and who is crap.

Boston Utd 1:2 Queen of the South

Daniel Dylewski (14) , Stephen dobbie (50) Robert Harris (73)

Boston Utd 2:2 Brentford

Daniel Dylewski (22) (60) , Johann Smith (7) (33)

Boston Town 3-1 Boston Utd

Oliver Harper (42) John king (73) Jason Tait (90), Daniel Dylewski (56)

Boston Utd 0-3 Arsenal Res

Gilles Sunu (1) Luke Freeman (26) Abu Diaby (47)

Boston Utd 1-5 Crystal Palace

David Galbraith (63) , Shefki Kuqi (7) James Scowcroft (8) (12) Rhays Wiggins (50) Dougie Freedman ( pen 80)

Boston Utd 0-5 Sheff Wed

Akpo Sodje (4) (56) Agustin Delgado (25)

Richard Hinds (45) Deon Burton (72)

So thats them, i don't mind losing against Palace and wednesday but against boston town we should be destorying them but i can never beat greyed out teams

so im a few games in this season and im sitting in 2nd place with some very good results so far. got knocked out of the fa cup but still going strong in the Fa Trophy and SS. i have been using my own formation so far and its not bad so far but still need a few twecks here and there.

Boston United (Boston Utd_ Fixtures).png

Blue Square Northern (League Table)-2.png

my top scorers so far are.

Piotr dziuba 7

Piotr Matys 5

scott Cousins 5 ( all peno's )

come on i know there are more people out there playing as boston or are thinking about playing as them i can't be the only one.

wez33 your not along m8, im have being playing as boston united since fm 06 and i enjoyed it every time its a great challenge. some good signings there, salomonsson is a very good player from what i heard, he should do the business icon14.gif good luck in your career managing the pilgrims and keep posting.

frazza pee good to see your playing as them m8, its a great challenge and its not boring.in the first year the best bet is to get a parent club loan as many players u can, look at the out of contract players u should find some good players.

load poland up and u get some great players too, look who i get from poland, there all good.

the players i sold where Matt O'Halloran €2k

Lee Thompson €10k Chris Wright €9k + 20%.

i use my own tactic and it worked ok up to the last 2 months of the season and then i started losing alot. the best system to play is a 4-4-2

end of season

i have just finished my first season and i lost in the play-offs semi-finals against blyth 6-1 agg.i was 1st in the league on the last day but i drewed against nuneaton 0-0 and kettering won 3-0.the won the league by 1 point ah well maybe next year i will win it icon_wink.gif

have boston sat top of the leage with the 8.02 patch. loaded my game with argentina, ireland, france and poland players. off the top of my head my main player is

boubacar balde

i will have a look tonight and try and post some more players.

im playing 433 formation. full backs have small arrows forwards, a dmc and two MC, AMR/AML with curved forwards arrows to ST.

team tactics are attacking, direct, quick with defence pushing up.

i have won most games, a few 5-0. lost only 2. if you want to know any more let me know

Archived