how do i not use full screen so i can see the task bar at the bottom?

Are you familiar with the idea of teaching a man how to fish, instead of merely handing one to him?

I ask because today is your lucky day my friend, I'm gonna teach you how to use a little something I like to call the "find" button. Do you remember when you pressed the "new" button and then clicked the "discussion" link? Right next to that "new" button you'll find the "find" button, it's the one with the magnifying glass. Press it and you'll be presented with a small space to enter a few key words. In this case you might try "window mode". Luckily for you in this instance, you'll be able to find the answers you seek within the first few links with these "key words" I've given you.

I do hope you feel empowered now to do what needs to be done. I get a warm, tingly feeling inside whenever I know I've been able to do my part to help someone who is new to the internet get their feet under them.

Lol, nogravy surely it would have been even more help to just give him the code.

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

Right click on your FM shortcut and replace the destination with that code and it should appear as windowed from now on.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

Lol, nogravy surely it would have been even more help to just give him the code.

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

Right click on your FM shortcut and replace the destination with that code and it should appear as windowed from now on.

What about the screen resolution?

Originally posted by Daniel Foster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

What about the screen resolution? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in window mode you can make it what you want by just resizing the window.

You can change the fullscreen resolution using parameters as per below for example

-fullscreen_height=800 -fullscreen_width=1280

I mean to use windowed mode your computer has to have a specific screen resolution or it does not work.

None of the screen resolutions on my laptop work (i always get the error)

Originally posted by Daniel Foster:

I mean to use windowed mode your computer has to have a specific screen resolution or it does not work.

None of the screen resolutions on my laptop work (i always get the error)

Do what Nomis07 said, although for wwsm it's:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008\wsm.exe" -small_screen -windowed

and then it will ignore the resolution requirements. Although it does look a lot better on mine with the taskbar on autohide.

Archived