Player is unhappy...

On my save Ben Foster is unhappy playing for manutd for the past 1 year... even though he play every week... he on the last year of his contract and he dun not wish to renew it.. how can i make him happy again?

i have make contract offer of 98k per week and he still reject my offer..

If he's unhappy, doesn't want to sign a new contract and his contract is nearing expiry then I would sell him now before you loose him for nothing. First though you should do what 2Pacalyps says and try and find out why he's unhappy and try to fix this issue if possible. His personal screen should tell you what the problem is.

If he's unhappy, doesn't want to sign a new contract and his contract is nearing expiry then I would sell him now before you loose him for nothing. First though you should do what 2Pacalyps says and try and find out why he's unhappy and try to fix this issue if possible. His personal screen should tell you what the problem is.

he want to have a new challenge...

My experience with a player "wanting a new challenge" has always ended up with the player being sold; in FM09 I had Sakho for about 2 yrs wanting a new challenge, there was no way I was going to sell him, and it finally went away and he was happy, till the next transfer window came and Man U and Real Madrid both enquired and he went back to wanting a new challenge shortly after that, and this time I sold him

And btw, I won the Serie A while he was unhappy...

The best thing you can do is wait it out, see if he changes his mind

My experience with a player "wanting a new challenge" has always ended up with the player being sold; in FM09 I had Sakho for about 2 yrs wanting a new challenge, there was no way I was going to sell him, and it finally went away and he was happy, till the next transfer window came and Man U and Real Madrid both enquired and he went back to wanting a new challenge shortly after that, and this time I sold him

And btw, I won the Serie A while he was unhappy...

The best thing you can do is wait it out, see if he changes his mind

I've had Cech want a new challenge 3 times in the past 2 years. One time I convinced him to stay, the other time nothing came of it, and the 3rd time I offered him a new contract and he's happy.

I'm pretty sure a player wanting a new challenge means your club is doing too good, as I'm in the 3rd year as Chelsea and we've won the EPL, Champions, FA, and League both years (although this year isn't looking so good, lost in League Cup for first time) and Cech has played every single game so far since midway in the 1st season (when I sold Enyeama). I realize Cech will probably not finish his days in Chelsea, but I'm just trying to stall long enough for my 2 backup keepers to be ready to take the throne.

I couldn't, however, save Alex from wanting a new challenge. He kept his shenanigans up for almost a year until I was forced to send him off to Real Madrid.

It seems it might also have something to do with if you are on the player's "Favorite Personal" list. I am on Cech's and have convinced him to stay, I wasn't on Alex' and couldn't keep him around.

Archived