Mess(i) the bed - how good are barcelona...!

Wow...........!

Am nearing the end of my second season and comfortably beat barcelona at home 3-0 and then maybe i got a bit complacent - let alone my players....!!

Just sneaked through despite a 2-0 loss at the nou camp!! They changed formation three times during the game and i didn't feel i could get anywhere near them, even had to change from my ever present 4-4-2 for the first time just to restore a sense of order!!

Can't help but feel though with the final stats i deserved a little more though?! Or should i just thank my lucky stars and look forward to the semi-final? No doubt it'll be Liverpool or Chelsea!

barceunited.jpg

Anyone else manage to tame them? Ibrahimovic was awesome and was no doubt mostly responsible for the sub 7 ratings of my defenders (Vidic got a 4.9!)

Luckily i'ev got my team playing really well and a strong tactics set im using from my FM07 save and usually there's no-one i can't dominate (Man city and chelsea aside!) - my 3-0 home win backing this up. It was how they took me to pieces in the first minute that totally shocked me, never seen my team play so badly, holes appearing everywhere so i changed to a deep 4-2-3-1 to stem the tide and then picked up my 4-4-2 after half time. As it was i was disappointed with 3 CCC's away from home not to put at least 1 away, would have stopped the brown shadow appearing in my pants too...!!

Thanks for the >ahem< luck ;)

the exact same thing happened to me - Spanish Super Cup, leg 1 I won 3-0 and leg 2 I lost 2-0 but won on aggregate

Who were you in that game?

Are Real Madrid this good at their place too?

I found this game easily the most difficult, loads more than playing away at chelsea, liverpool & Arsenal...

Well, maybe the most difficult after playing away to West Brom/Hull/Portsmouth*

*Delete as appropriate - whichever team is bottom of premiership at the time of playing :)

Your last point is so true sometimes. I'll beat United 3-1 at OT, and then stumble to a 1-1 draw against Burnley at Turf Moor(?) :mad:

edit: Much like Liverpool IRL, I suppose :D

Yep - its really, and i do mean really, annoying...!

Despite your ill wishes i had no such problem dealing with bayern in the semis - this was the first leg too - if they beat me 7-0 at old trafford i may join the dark side and accuse the ME of conspiracy theories!!

I now have Newcastle away, so the earth is beckoning as i begin my rapid descent back towards it!! :)

bayernunited.jpg

Archived