Early goal(s) equals oppostion scoring on you

This is so very frustrating.

Whenever my team takes the lead within 10 minutes of play, may it be one, two or even three goals (very rarely of course) the match engine seems determined on evening out that score. This happens every time, every single time. The oppostion scores from riddiculous positions, long shots three times in a row usually don't hit the back of the net or even goal, but when I took an early lead they do!

Anyone else having these issues?

This is so very frustrating.

Whenever my team takes the lead within 10 minutes of play, may it be one, two or even three goals (very rarely of course) the match engine seems determined on evening out that score. This happens every time, every single time. The oppostion scores from riddiculous positions, long shots three times in a row usually don't hit the back of the net or even goal, but when I took an early lead they do!

Anyone else having these issues?

It's not the match engine that is trying to "even out the score", it is the AI manager. Your job is to watch what he does and counter it.

It's not the match engine that is trying to "even out the score", it is the AI manager. Your job is to watch what he does and counter it.

Granted, the AI tries to do something about the deficit. The problem isn't that the manager tries to counter my tactics, the problem is if I score 2 goals in the first 10 minutes of the match, it's a dead certain the opponents even the score 10-15 minutes after that. That's actually not my tactics, I think it's the ai evening out the scores.

I understand your frustrations, but it really is down to you to stop them coming back by changing your tactics!

That's true, if I'm up by 2 at half time, I will always change something in my tactics or sub a player to contain the lead. However, if I lead by 2 early in the game the ai evens the score almost instantly. That's not down to my tactics.

I've got to say this has become one of my biggest gripes with this game is that once you go 2-0 up the opposition instantly get a goal back, and I know that no matter what I change my tactics to I'll concede an equaliser. Its just in my case it always comes late in the game when I actually believe I have a chance of holding out for the win.

It also seems that my team talks are very de-motivating, because almost every match I take a 2+ goal lead into half time, the moment the whistle goas for the 2nd half they pull one back, no matter what I change my tactics to.

That's true, if I'm up by 2 at half time, I will always change something in my tactics or sub a player to contain the lead. However, if I lead by 2 early in the game the ai evens the score almost instantly. That's not down to my tactics.

Mmmmm I think it might have something to do with your tactics, because it doesn't seem to happen to me, and I am playing the same game. FM10 right?

Whatever, of course it's my tactics. Muppets.

You have clearly made up your mind that your tactics are not at fault, which is a shame because until you accept this truth, you are doomed to repeat your mistakes.

Once you accept it, you can start to do something about it. That way enlightenment (and much joy) lies.

Think about it.

Archived