Urgent issues with Arsenal

I'll start by saying that I thought Arsenal was horribly overrated in FM 2008, and I'm not suggesting that SI turn them into the Diablo team, but simply fix the glaring mistakes in the next patch.

First of all, what's with their measly transfer budget? It's general knowledge knows Wenger has all the money in the world to spend, but just chooses not to. Why do United get 100+M to spend and Arsenal don't get anywhere near that even with their record breaking profits when both clubs simply choose to not spend?

Why can't Fabregas play as an attacking midfielder? His best position so far this season is directly behind Van Persie. I can understand his stats being slightly underrated since he didn't perform even half as well last season as he is this season, but to give him a 0 in AMC is just ridiculous.

Vermaelen is disgustingly underrated. He's even worse than Senderos in the game, when in reality he's probably the signing of the summer. Walcott is also terrible, but I've never rated him much IRL. Mannone is also pretty bad.

No natural wingers? Arshavin, Rosicky, and Nasri barely play as AMC at all nowadays. The only one who actually does is Fabregas.

You could say that I should just use the editor but to me that's just cheating and I then won't be able to compare my performances to others on this forum honestly.

Arsenal transfer budget is always up for debate. We got £40M+ from the sales of Toure and Adebayor, and spent £17M on Arshavin and £10M on Vermaelen. Factor the summer starting budget of around £15M to £30M and you get the Arsenal budget on FM2010. All transfer budget in the game are hardly accurate, becuase clubs never officially release how much money they have. Also remember that Man Utd got £80M from the sale of Ronaldo, plus whatever starting budget they had before that. Obviously, a lot of money.

Fabregas never starts as an AMC. He plays MC more often than not and he'll always go forward. He has a preferred move that makes him do so. If you're that bothered, retrain him in that position.

Vermalen is a well documented case. He was rated by the Ajax researcher, not the Arsenal researcher which means any form this season hasn't been taken into account.

Walcott is a balancing act. His physical stats take up a lot of CA points and his techinicals and mentals take the hit because of it, otherwise Walcott gets a higher CA than warranted.

Mannone played well once in the games he played. You can't expect him to be rated any higher than he is now.

Arshavin, Rosicky and Nasri are not natural wingers. They are accomplished wingers as they are in the game. Being a natural means playing in that position since you started your career and have played there many many times. All these guys have played more as AMC then as a winger for their old clubs.

First of all, what's with their measly transfer budget? It's general knowledge knows Wenger has all the money in the world to spend, but just chooses not to. Why do United get 100+M to spend and Arsenal don't get anywhere near that even with their record breaking profits when both clubs simply choose to not spend?

Manchester United received £80m from the sale of one player, which is then added on to the club transfer budget of £25m (although I think that's only if you choose "Title Winner".)

There's just no way that Arsenal have that sort of money to spend. Sorry. They might have more than they're given, and Wenger does choose not to spend, but they are not in the same league.

The media may have made it know that Arsenal has some cash to spend, but they still have to pay for the stadium which is why Wenger prefers not to spend, so the game made less fund available, but that does not mean you cannot request for more.

Man Utd just sold C.Ronaldo that's 80M plus 20M the Glazer promised for each season transfer budget. Doesn't that make it a 100M?

I agree that Fabregas can play as AMC, although may not be natural, but you can also train him as an AMC. Arshavin, Rosicky, and Nasri are not natural wingers; their prefered positions are in the center of the field and not on the flanks.

Another reason for the game to have editor besides for cheating is to make such adjustment the player may have. Arsenal scouts definitely do not have the same point of view as you or any other customers. I don't think slight adjustment such as position would make you results incomparable to others on the forum.

Why can't Fabregas play as an attacking midfielder? His best position so far this season is directly behind Van Persie. I can understand his stats being slightly underrated since he didn't perform even half as well last season as he is this season, but to give him a 0 in AMC is just ridiculous.

United have a transfer budget of 100m+? Where did you get that figure from? I just started a new game as them and as my expectations were to win the league I got 74m. If they had only been to challenge for the title I would have got 60m.

As for Fabregas if you think that his positional stats are all wrong then use the editor to change them and the problem is then solved. There is no guarantee that they'll be changed to your satisfaction in the next patch so doing it yourself is the easiest and quickest fix I think.

Archived