Opposing instruction : useless or not ? More than 100 matchs replays inside

lch

I wrote a guide on opposing instructions.

In this guide, i replayed a match more than 100 times with differents settings to evaluate impact of opposing instructions on results.

I made a lot of differents tests, No settings, Manual settings, Ass Manager advices with different value for "Tactical notion" attribute . (20, 15, 10).

This guide is in french but there is a lot of graphs that all people can read easily.

In conclusion, you can see that OI are usefull to change probability of a game result.

You can download the guide here :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2E83417L

But if you reply a match 100 times and keep the exact same settings for Opposition Instruction, Tactics and Team Talks then the results will still differ. You don't get the same result each time even if you keep the exact same settings, which unfortuantley doesn't bode well for this type of research.

But if you reply a match 100 times and keep the exact same settings for Opposition Instruction, Tactics and Team Talks then the results will still differ. You don't get the same result each time even if you keep the exact same settings, which unfortuantley doesn't bode well for this type of research.

Yes that's why I run it again and again to analyse probabilities results. All other element of a match (Team talk, Tactics, etc ...) are the same.

Yes that's why I run it again and again to analyse probabilities results. All other element of a match (Team talk, Tactics, etc ...) are the same.

But this is my very point ... you could keep EVERYTHING the same INCLUDING OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS and you would still end up with 100 different outcomes. Part of each match is based on certain events being random, so if you change some opposition instructions and replay the match, there is no concrete way of knowing whether it was the changes you made that made the difference, or whether that match would have played out exactly the same without them.

But this is my very point ... you could keep EVERYTHING the same INCLUDING OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS and you would still end up with 100 different outcomes. Part of each match is based on certain events being random, so if you change some opposition instructions and replay the match, there is no concrete way of knowing whether it was the changes you made that made the difference, or whether that match would have played out exactly the same without them.

Yes, it's true if you run a match once.

But if you run a match 20 times with the same settings and then rerun again 20 times with the same change then you can evaluate change's impacts.

i.e :

For each settings i replayed the match 20 times :

- No oppositions Instructions

- Ass Manager advice with Tactical Knowledge 20

- Ass Manager advice with Tactical Knowledge 15

- Ass Manager advice with Tactical Knowledge 10

- Manual Instructions

Results are very interesting (Victory 3pts / Draw 1 pts / Defeat 0 pts)

- No oppositions Instructions : 26 pts

- Ass Manager advice with Tactical Knowledge 20 : 28 pts

- Ass Manager advice with Tactical Knowledge 15 : 24 pts

- Ass Manager advice with Tactical Knowledge 10 : 19 pts

- Manual Instructions : 31 pts

Archived