World Domination

After buying this game, and messing around really with a few teams. I have now come up with a new challenge for myself. I aim to manage in each country from the lowest division untill i am satisfied that i have by far the best team in that country,

Unfortunately, i dont have a laptop that quick, so i am going to have to do it one country at a time(with maybe England thrown in at all times). Im just wondering, if anyone else, has done something simliar to this?

First country up when i start this game will be Argentina. I aim to make a second division team Copa Libertadores Champions. Another question- is anyone interested in hearing how i get on?

Ouch, won´t that take like a lifetime achieving?!

Hope you make it and sure I´m interested!

Yeah, it probably will, but i play the game most mornings due to working afternoons, so im thinking that i have untill next years to acheive as much as i can. Has anyone managed in Argentine second division before?

Take a trip to the careers forum and you'll see plenty of examples. I played in the Argentine Second Division in my last save. I took part in Razers challenge and completed it (take a previously unknown team to the league title and Copa Libertadores). In my case it was Sarmiento de Junin who I turned into South American champions :D

Take a trip to the careers forum and you'll see plenty of examples. I played in the Argentine Second Division in my last save. I took part in Razers challenge and completed it (take a previously unknown team to the league title and Copa Libertadores). In my case it was Sarmiento de Junin who I turned into South American champions :D

How many seasons did it take you? What is your stye of managing? Do you watch all the games etc.

It took me 10 years but this was on FM08. I have to say it surprised me that I managed it in such a short time. My tactics were nothing special, a mix between 4-3-1-2/4-1-3-2. I watched all games on extended. I think it's going to be a lot harder to repeat this in FM10 though as my principles on football don't seem to be working on this years version. Good luck if you do try it though :thup:

Just to let you know there are several rules in Argentina. IIRC a maximum of 4 foreigners, relegation works on an average points system, the league is split into two campaigns - the apertura and the clasura hence two league champions a season. There are a few more but I can't remember all of them. Like you, I had no idea how the league system worked, I just learnt as I went along. Hope that helps and good luck :thup:

Archived