Frustrating Offside calls...

Am I the only one to notice this in FM2009?

Nearly all the offside calls against me occurs in the opposition penalty area and hardly in the field of play. I find it really frustrating when a I think a goal is scored, only to have it disallowed due to offside in the penalty area.

I have only had a few offside called against me in the field of play, but as I said, a majority of them occurs in the opposition penalty area.

Anyone else notice this in any other version of FM? Could my formation be a contributing factor?

It's best to freeze the game when an offside call is given against you, rewind and see who the culprit is and where he is.

Players in the 18 yard box will naturally try and take a chance, some are better at beating the offside trap than others, some are just plain poor at judging when to move.

See who the culprit is, does he has a PPM of "Trys to beat offside trap" ? might be worth asking him to "unlearn" this PPM if he's making unintelligent runs. Check the players 'Mentality' rating, if it's too high, he'll position himself far up the pitch, sometimes often higher than a teammate playing a pass to him.

It's best to freeze the game when an offside call is given against you, rewind and see who the culprit is and where he is.

Players in the 18 yard box will naturally try and take a chance, some are better at beating the offside trap than others, some are just plain poor at judging when to move.

See who the culprit is, does he has a PPM of "Trys to beat offside trap" ? might be worth asking him to "unlearn" this PPM if he's making unintelligent runs. Check the players 'Mentality' rating, if it's too high, he'll position himself far up the pitch, sometimes often higher than a teammate playing a pass to him.

Thanks, will give this a try next time I see it :)

what annoys me about the offsides is how bloody long it takes thye linesmen to flag !

Yeah my striker could pick the ball up on the edge of the centre circle, run half the lenght of the pitch, score and only then does the flag go up. Its ridiculus.

Archived