Toronto FC - Canadian Championship 2009?

I started a game with TFC, and notice the Canadian Champion's Cup has fixtures scheduled for 2010, but bizarrely not for 2009. Is that edition played in the game? For that matter, is the CONCACAF Champions League played in 2009-2010? It would take a bit of the enjoyment out of my first TFC season to have a trophy (and a bit of a gimme at that) eliminated, and the resulting chance to challenge Mexican teams in the CCL, which normally I fail at but de Guzman might improve those chances.

I believe the CCL teams for 2009 were already programmed in, so you'll have to wait until 2010 to play for the Canadian Cup.

As for the Mexican teams, they're infinitely more beatable if you have the top Mexican division selected for your game. In previous versions I wouldn't select the league and I'd suddenly be facing a Club America team that hadn't lost in 30+ games and only gave up about 10 goals. Total slaughter. With the league playable, though, such runs of form are extremely unlikely...and you make luck out and run into a slumping team.

Yep, you've already finished in second in the 2009 cup. MTL won. IIRC anyway. I was confused too :)

But that was 2008 - TFC won it in 2009 and lost to Puerto Rico in the CCL qualifiers... but then TFC should show up as "past winners" in the Canadian Champion's Cup standings.

As for enabling the Mexican league, I didn't even think of that... would've made beating them a lot easier in 09! As it is I'll likely skip out on MLS this time around, playing with Toronto is fun but only if I can have the dream of World Club Cup glory...

• 1 year later...

Archived