Every time this happens

When doing well my players complain i dont give enough credit just started my second season in the prem with newcastle and i am unbeaten so far. Any how i i have been praising individual players a much as the game will allow but still most of my first eleven have the slt mark near them and all say the same not enough credit any ideas folks?:mad:

You should only praise them when specifically asked on press conferences, and only if you feel they need it. When your backroom staff asks you to praise them, don't do it. Too much praise will have a negative effect, as the players will feel it's too easy to get praise, and will lower their motivation to play well for you.

both through the press and individual it seems the better i do the more upset the players get that i dont give enough praise its crazy even when i give them loads or only for a few star performers every 5 games or so i am beginning to think its a bug as all so i can not discipline players from there profiles only on the news screen after a match

Don't praise them through the media unless they really deserve it. If, for example, your star player gets 8,8,8 (or something like that) then say you are pleased with him. Just say (in team talks) well done for winning games , and if someone goes on a run of great form then release a comment.

I think it is during your team talk. I find that not praising players in the press or individually dont usually make them upset but if you say something that they do not agree with during your team talk, they would normally get upset by saying that they are not given enough credit or something like that. Just my personal experience.

This is a fickle part of the game to be honest.

A certain few players will get the 'sit' (situation) marker next to them if they feel you're not giving the team enough credit during post game team talks.

I've often found that when these pop up, simply over praise the player with the 'sit' icon next to him and it'll go away in three or four games.

It's completely understandable though. You're talking to 16 players, all of which have different personalities so some will react differently to others.

A good idea is to often check the 'get pep talk feedback' area. (go to your squad screen and then select 'assistant advice / get pep talk feedback'.

This will tell you how each player reacted to what you said in your previous team talk. Eventually you'll see a pattern emerging and you should be able to handle each player successfully in the press conferences and team talks.

Archived