Away games versus Home Games

Be gentle this is my first time posting a thread...

Ok so ive noticed that whilst playing I have an excellent Home record and a diabolical away record. Has anyone else experience difficulties in playing away from home?

Examples of my problems including beating man utd 4-0 at home but the loosing 5-0 away from home at chelsea!! My defenders and defensive midfield players are making basic errors away from home that they just do not make at home :(

Can anyone offer words of wisdom in order to help me? It would be much appreciated.

Thank you

I normally have two tactics...home tactic and an away tactic. Away from home i have a slower tempo and play more Narrow football. Also in the Tactics wizard use the COUNTER attack. Also select the "Rigid" setting so my plays should not wonder...

Basically try and soak up the pressure as they're at home and will look to attack more......so get bodies behind the ball.... and then counter attack.

I seem to be having the exact opposite of this.

In my first 12 games I lost twice, both at home, won ALL my away games. The following 10 games I lost twice again, this time both away.

So i would guess it balances itself out in the end. Although I'm in a position I've never been in before, which is, cheering when I'm away from home.

I watch a lot of footy and the counter attacking option is what I always attempt, in similiar fashion to Aston Villa last year but it just isnt working. Maybe my players just need time to adapt to changes I am making away from home.

My record is

Home: Pld 11 win 6 draw 4 lost 1

Away: Pld 12 win 3 draw 4 lost 5

Shocking difference!

Archived