The post-match frustration thread

History has an odd way of repeating itself:

aaarrrgghh.jpg

We played beautiful football in the first half. Quick, slick passing. Amazing attacking runs. We made Napoli look like a Taiwanese third division side. Completely outplayed them. But then, once the second half started, my players just looked like zombies. I have never experienced anything like it. It was as if they thought they had already won the game, and didn't need to run anymore. :(

Have you just experienced a painful defeat? Vent your frustrations here!

i didnt lose but drew,am Spurs was 3-0 up at half time at Blackburn 3rd goal came right on halftime....teamtalk i gave was dont get complacement,within 7 minutes of second half it was 3-3 with 2 Ledley king bizzarre own goals involved aswell.....stratagey was set to contain etc,i think touched the ball 4 times,once to kick off and once each time King lashing the ball passed Gomes,....i know Spurs are prone to blowing leads in real life but thought that situation was ridiculas.....and at fulltime only 2 of my players ratings dropped,Kings didnt at all....what do i do????...have a go at them?....the ratings didnt drop....

the same thing happened to me on FM09 when I was managing Cambridge, going for promotion from the BSP and 3-0 up at half time against Salisbury who were languishing in the relegation zone... yep you guessed it lost 4-3! Still managed promotion mind, thats the only time I ever remember throwing away a three goal lead and losing.

the same thing happened to me on FM09 when I was managing Cambridge, going for promotion from the BSP and 3-0 up at half time against Salisbury who were languishing in the relegation zone... yep you guessed it lost 4-3! Still managed promotion mind, thats the only time I ever remember throwing away a three goal lead and losing.

yeah but the first 2 goals came straight from my kick offs,and ludicros own goals at that,by 47 mins it was 3-2...touched the ball 4 times i reckon

i didnt lose but drew,am Spurs was 3-0 up at half time at Blackburn 3rd goal came right on halftime....teamtalk i gave was dont get complacement,within 7 minutes of second half it was 3-3 with 2 Ledley king bizzarre own goals involved aswell.....stratagey was set to contain etc,i think touched the ball 4 times,once to kick off and once each time King lashing the ball passed Gomes,....i know Spurs are prone to blowing leads in real life but thought that situation was ridiculas.....and at fulltime only 2 of my players ratings dropped,Kings didnt at all....what do i do????...have a go at them?....the ratings didnt drop....

A couple of points from this. Firstly, I've just played a match as Norwich at home to Bristol Rovers where I was 1-0 up at HT and cruising after being strongly favoured, said 'Don't get careless' in the HT teamtalk and watched my players apparently lose interest in the game. Fortunately Rovers missed a bunch of sitters and then allowed me to grab a second goal on the break that put the game out of reach, but I wouldn't have had too many complaints with a 3-1 loss just based on chances. It's possible that 'Don't get careless' is on of this year's comments you can never make (I'd also throw out 'I expect a win' as usual for the last 3 years).

Second point is that I completely agree that it's maddening when you see a terrible performance and poor result that somehow doesn't show up in the player stats. All you can do is take it on the chin and pretend that you're happy with them.

A couple of points from this. Firstly, I've just played a match as Norwich at home to Bristol Rovers where I was 1-0 up at HT and cruising after being strongly favoured, said 'Don't get careless' in the HT teamtalk and watched my players apparently lose interest in the game. Fortunately Rovers missed a bunch of sitters and then allowed me to grab a second goal on the break that put the game out of reach, but I wouldn't have had too many complaints with a 3-1 loss just based on chances. It's possible that 'Don't get careless' is on of this year's comments you can never make (I'd also throw out 'I expect a win' as usual for the last 3 years).

Second point is that I completely agree that it's maddening when you see a terrible performance and poor result that somehow doesn't show up in the player stats. All you can do is take it on the chin and pretend that you're happy with them.

yeah good point well made,just the timing of the goals was strange,but i suppose be thankfull for small mercies and a point won in the end as Blackburn missed a whole host of chances to win it,should have said at half time im delighted i reckon,but we live and learn....maybe next time.

Archived