Punching above their weight

I've noticed something a bit more this year than in previous years. Players clearly punching above their weight, breaking into the first team and holding their place.

One of my defenders, signed as cover in the first season for a small fee has been my player of the season two years running and is currently playing like one of the best in the Premier League.

He averaged 7.28 in the championship and 7.16 last season in the Premiership.

10 games in he's averaging 7.37...

I'm really enjoying this.

Then there's the players on the opposite side of the coin. Ugh!

Yeah, remember that the stats we see are not all the players stats. He has loads more hidden stats etc... So sometimes its your luck, or if you really do your home work on a player you'll find them out (Scout for at least 3 matches, with a good scout)

^Well, I've found the best way is (If you have time this is), scout a player for 3 matches, go and watch a match yourself, scout him again for another 3 matches with a different scout and finally send your Assistant to go and watch him and you watch the same match - this is important, you can pick up on things that your Ass Man will miss.

Then when thats done, sign the younger kid playing on the right wing that impressed you more than the player you wanted in the first place :D

Well, he's been with the club for 3 years now... Well, it's his third season and my coaches honestly can't see anything in him. The side are honestly many times better with him though and he's been the player of the season for my first two seasons. He is just a beast. In terms of what my coaches have to say about him, there is honestly nothing overly special, in fact they think he's an idiot! He's also described as my 6th best defender an around lower-mid championship standard (well, good Championship as they put it). However, he is the rock at the base of a side challenging for the top 4 in the Premier League... The bloke is 28, not near the best defender in the squad (by any measure) and yet is my best player? He's keeping Rafael Marquez out of the side! He hasn't even had a sniff!

I also have a young striker who is doing something similar to a lesser extent. Though he'll get better with age, he's only just 19.

Only view the below files if you desire to see the names of these players. This includes my full lineup of centrehalves and strikers. I will place an asterix next to the names of the two players in question.

I've put the two over performers at the top. Also, don't let the recent form of them fool you, the side has been on a horror run, and the second striker on the list hasn't played in 5 matches (though he was in roaring form, now has 4 hattricks in 35 matches for the side, and will sign for the club on a more permanent basis later in the season). I also sold what was my 5th choice defender, and now my coaches think he's number 5... Wicked!

Oh I also play defender 3 in midfield most of the time, he's a beast anywhere he plays though!

Numbers 4 and 5 were brought in to replace this bloke, and pretty much, he's made them look ****!

Anyhow:

Defenders

Strikers

AGAIN, THERE IS PLAYER NAMING HERE, IF YOU DON'T WISH TO KNOW WHO THE PLAYERS ARE, DON'T CLICK ON THE LINKS!

I like this, more like real life..i was actually wondering this is another post which didnt get much attention..can a player with a less pa than another player but has better hidden attributes actually make your team stronger ...i was wondering if heed ever be exposed or become a weakness liabilitty...a suppose your the right man to ask

Archived