Who is this player???

I read an article about Miles Jacobsen recommending a player for Ray Houghton who at the time newly started working as an scout for an unnamed club. Houghton's request was" I need an left back who is cheap, strong, fast and can speak english".

Miles gave him a list of players he had found using the database, three weeks later a left back(from the list;)) maked debut for a club in one of top 2 division in england. He was from eastern europe and did well for his club.

This is all you get to know Miles can't tell more because of some contract:thdn:

I have become very curious and want to know who this player is???:confused:

PLEASE HELP ME:thup:

Also interested.

The article can be read here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article570877.ece?print=yes&randnum=1151003209000

The exact quote:

“It does get used by a few clubs,” Miles Jacobson, the managing director of SI, said. “We started getting phone calls from scouts. Someone Ray (Houghton, the former Ireland midfield player, an adviser on the game) worked with called us up and said, ‘We’ve been called by a club in division one, they need a left back, we can ’t come up with any and we thought you might know about some kids.’ He sent a fax with some details, 20 minutes later, having done a database search, I sent him a list of 30 players and three weeks later I saw in the paper that one of those had signed for the club. We did that!”

Archived