Moving Israel into Asia

I have been trying to place Israel back in Asia, replacing the empty slot in Europe with Kosovo. Kosovo is working fine, but Israeli teams aren't qualifying for Asian club competitions (but i have succesfully prevented them from Euro comps). The Israeli national team is in the Asian qualifiers for the World Cup...i can't work out the problem. Any suggestions???

That's a shame...i was hoping that it would kick-in in maybe the second or third season of play. I might try a league or TLA swap with another country already in it...this might achieve my aim. Ultimately i was considering putting Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and maybe even Turkey into Asia to bolster it a bit (moving a few countries into Oceania like Brunei, East Timor to make room) and make it more interesting (i am Australian, so play a lot of A-League). So if there was a quick easy fix it would have been better...hopefully i can find a country that is crap with a TLA that won't irritate if Israel is associated with it (eg To create Kosovo I added Czechoslovakia back into database and changed the name, but kept the TLA whihc was CVO as i recall, which wasn't that different). I have swapped Australia before and it is strange to have a TLA like MAL or SIN to be associated with it.

Originally posted by Tom Leeburn:

would it be possible to remove the state of israel?

Yes, as long as you replace it with another country in Europe I should think it would work with no problems at all.

ruttiger_ruttiger: Why not just completely swap over the details of Israel and an Asian nation to get around the hardcoding?

Originally posted by BaconMan123:

Well, Why the hell would you like to remove my country?

if you are jewish why are you called bacon?

i think you are just trying to start an argument, but i personally dont agree with existence of the state of israel.

Originally posted by Khyron:

This thread is nothing about Football manager.

Please can the mods close it before it gets uglier.

Or, delete the four posts that are causing the problem and go back to discussing a valid editing question?

getting back to the topic. the best way is to swap israel with some other asian nation. i would recommend trying the maldives or nepal, as there aren't too many players or clubs from those countries in the database, thus making the task less time consuming. it will also ensure that israel is represented through western asia in continental competitions. although they might not start off in the asian champions league (most probably asian presidents cup), based on their FIFA rankings in the game they should move up within three seasons. I tried that and it worked for me.

Thanks for the help people, i am working on it slowly as i have been working a lot recently.

I would also like to ask for the moderators to remove those ugly posts by Tom Leeburn and charlieparr123. I find them offensive and i am not even Jewish or Israeli. That sort of thing should not be tolerated.

I dont want to start an argument but why are you adding Kosovo? I dont think they will be part of FIFA for a long time since official they arent even a country yet because they aren't a part of the UN and they aren't even recognised by the UN.

I don't want to start argumant too, But yes i'm from israel and i'm jew, lol the nick is a joke, and i'm non religious jew so i can't eat bacon.

i didn't want to start any political argument, but yeah, i don't like ppl "deleting my country".

I'm sorry if pepole got offended by my last post.

Have a nice day.

Originally posted by DS:

I dont want to start an argument but why are you adding Kosovo? I dont think they will be part of FIFA for a long time since official they arent even a country yet because they aren't a part of the UN and they aren't even recognised by the UN.

Switzerland weren't a part of the UN until 2004, did that mean that they weren't a country?

You're probably right, but I was under the impression that Kosovo was recognised by the UN, after all it is recognised by NATO, which contains at least 2 of the members of the UN Security Council. It's only Russia and Serbia that continue to refuse to recognise them isn't it, and that's only because Russia have been politically up Serbia's backside for over a century now.

Besides, you'd cause problems if you took a country out of Europe but didn't replace it (although Europe is flexible enough to be able to take on more countries I don't think the game likes a reduced number), so Kosovo is the best candidate for a new nation, probably followed by the Isle of Man or perhaps Monaco if you really wanted to stretch the boundaries of realism.

Originally posted by Robot (SMFC):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Switzerland weren't a part of the UN until 2004, did that mean that they weren't a country?

You're probably right, but I was under the impression that Kosovo was recognised by the UN, after all it is recognised by NATO, which contains at least 2 of the members of the UN Security Council. It's only Russia and Serbia that continue to refuse to recognise them isn't it, and that's only because Russia have been politically up Serbia's backside for over a century now.

Besides, you'd cause problems if you took a country out of Europe but didn't replace it (although Europe is flexible enough to be able to take on more countries I don't think the game likes a reduced number), so Kosovo is the best candidate for a new nation, probably followed by the Isle of Man or perhaps Monaco if you really wanted to stretch the boundaries of realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well chances are Kosovo will never be recognised by the UN and therefore they will never be a country because Russia will keep blocking it and China too probably. Russia's reason for doing so isnt just an alliance with Serbia but also then places like Chechnia will want to be independent and also China will have problems with Tibet and also some areas in the west. I love how the US and others like to say that its not a precedent when in fact it is. You cant set a precedent and then state that its not a precedent. If you allow Kosovo independence then overnight another 50 countries will need to be accepted as independent countries.

I only chose Kosovo because i had to replace Israel with something and they seemed like the best candidate at the time. It was never my intention for this to get as political as it seems to have become. It was a simple editing question and since i know a few people have created new countries in the past i thought they could provide some helpful information.

As someone who plays a lot of games in Switzerland, I'm interested in replacing Israel with Kosovo, as many Kosovar refugees are now playing football in the Swiss lower leagues.

How were the regens? Did they have somewhat accurate names? Any quality ones?

I am a little naive as to whether they were or not...they seemed reasonably good but i lack the skills to differentiate between many Eastern European type names (kinda like how others may have difficulty discerning between Scottish, Irish,English and Welsh names). All in all though, the names did seem reasonably appropriate.

Originally posted by BaconMan123:

I've taken Israel out aswell. I suppose it's just differing personal politics. Why the hell would you like me to agree with zionism? Is more like the question in case.

Originally posted by BajenBoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaconMan123:

I've taken Israel out aswell. I suppose it's just differing personal politics. Why the hell would you like me to agree with zionism? Is more like the question in case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can we please leave the political out of this, it doesn't help me in trying to achieve this editing task - which is what the forum is designed for. I'm sure there are a thousand forums out there to discuss politics if that is your bag...but this is a purely FM editing topic.

Archived