Missing FM2010 Icon? - Help

OK So I've install FM on my desktop activated it via steam. All good, seems ok, turned stream offline and it seems to be working without disk (not played a day yet so hopefully it doesn't ask me to insert CD). FM2010 icon appears on the desktop as it should do.

Then went to laptop, installed FM, activated steam, updated with patch, everything seems fine expect I cannot find the FM2010 logo anywhere. There is no Sports Interactive folder in the start, program menu. There is a SI folder in the My documnets folder and a SI folder in the C:// programs folder but nothing is in there besides an uninstall file.

So where is the FM2010 start up icon?

I don't even have a SI folder.

mne2 I don't understand why is there a icon on my desktop but NOT on my Laptop?

Neither do i lol unless you created it yourself?

If you don't have an SI folder then i guess you installed via steam in which case it will be in Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2010 :thup:

The reason it's not on the desktop is because the game is a 'Game for Windows'. Microsoft puts certain restrictions on where shortcuts developers are put.

So the Capitalist Hippies (!) dont want me to have a shortcut on my desktop so I cannot have one! - nice one Billy Bob!!!!

You can create a copy of a shortcut but it reads "FM10 Shortcut 2" which is annoying.

Archived