[FM10] Are you a real football manager?

Mitsunari

Well you're not a very good one are you? Atleast not yet -.^

Game: Football Manager 2010

Version: 10.1.0

Database Size: Large (Unedited)

Leagues: England (blue Square North/South), Northern Ireland (Second division +), Ireland (First Division+), Scotland (Third division+), Wales (Premier Division)

Introduction: Hi this is my first attempt at a long term career game in football manager. My starting age in the game is 30 years old, rounded up from my actually age of 22 years. I’ll be starting the game unemployed with a Sunday league reputation. My aims of my career are as followed. You can thank Harry Potters Hermione Ganger for the topics title. I think i have done everything correctly here but if there is anything wrong please tell me and i'll correct the topic.

Aims:

Starting unemployed with no reputation I’ll attempt to make my way through the league system in the UK and Ireland with the hope of managing top flight football at some stage in my career. I hope to achieve this by either taking a club up the league structure or being offered a better job based on the reputation I have created for myself in the game.

I hope you enjoy reading and following me on my path to football greatness in failure in the lower leagues of football as I attempt to make a name for myself. The game is being run via steam and shall update its self when new patches are released. Ill be updating the topic every season

Season 9-10 -Unemployment line/Bangor City (Welsh Premier League)

Took over Bangor city after starting Unemployed, the club picked the finish 4th in the WPL sat in 17th place after 12 games with only 7 points to show for it coming to the end of November when I took charge.

By the end of January I had released two older players from contracts and allowed another to spend the rest of the season on loan creating some much needed room in the wage budget. With some of the money free in the wage budget I signed a midfield right player my weakest area of the team. February saw new contracts offer too much of the first team squad. A lot of the players taking pay cuts with the new contracts reducing the wage bill again. The League saw me hovering around 14th at this point. February ended with defeat in the quarter finals of the Welsh Cup, the defeat that ended any European hopes for this season.

I finalised my survival with three games left the play. First job at Bangor done, attention was turned to preparing the side for next season. My scout found me a nice DM (Anthony Hilton) player to replace the 16 year old who had been playing the holding role all season. He was quickly side along with a young 19 year old forward (Daniel Anderson) from Rochdale.

We finished the season in 13th place, disappoint for the club but much improved from the start of the season. Still a solid base the next goal to move on from this position and press higher up the table.

League: 13th

Welsh cup: Quarter Finals VS Caldicot

Next Season Aims.

> Improve on my league position

> Rebuild the fanbase that was losed.

> Enjoy the last year on my current contract with the club.

> Get a Europa League spot?

Season 10/11 – Bangor City (Welsh Premier League)

Started the season by being rewarded a new contract with the club. My current deal was supposed to end after this season. I happy signed the one year extension at the same wage of my current deal at £350 a week. I promoted some of the kid in my reverse 17 years olds DC (Bill Ellis), DR (lee Roberts) and MR (Simon Davis) got added to the first team bought in a new 20 CM adding more depth there. Allowed a number of players to leave the club during a good preseason campaign with good performances against Valladolid (0-2) and Inverness CT (0-1) among other tough preseason fixtures I arranged for the club. I had a good feeling about this season.

League campaign didn’t start as planned, losing two out of the first three games 4-0 and 3-0. All my luck seems to be happening in my league cup were I picked up 10 points from 4 games as opposed to 1 points from 3 in the league. Results started to improve slightly but only from losses into draws. Despite creating chances in the league we didn’t seem to be able to find the back of the net. The predictions in the media of a relegation battle seemed to be more accurate than my top half hopes. Still going into November the bottom half of the table was still tight, a new keeper (John Healy) arrived suggested to me by my backroom staff. Despite being just inside the relegation zone I had advanced in both to league and welsh cup and was hopefully of creating some better league form as well.

Results during November saw me move off bottom and also continue my run in the welsh league cup. We drew rivals Llanelli in the semi-finals winning 0-1 in the second leg was enough. I celebrate the end of my first year in charge by booking an end of season trip to the millennium stadium and my first cup final.

From during December and January was shaky, we had become the Arsenal of the Welsh Premier league. When we are on form we are unplayable but if we lack confidence we really end up struggling in games. The Atletico Madrid style defending didn’t help matters still by the end of January we were 10th and safe enough.

February was just as bad as four straight defeats led the bored to question my position at the club. It took to the end of the month to finally refine some form in the league with two wins at the start of march putting me back to 10th. Some good results in March saw me get Manager of the Month and that for carried into April. Finished the league 10th with 47 points needed 54 to make a Europa league spot, disappoint since we could have got there if our form didn’t drop mid season. Still had my trip to the Millennium stadium to look forward to and when the game came around we won it 3-0, my 19 year old forward getting two in the last 10 minutes to make history and win the cup for the first time ending the season.

League: 10th

League Cup: Winners VS Prestatyn

Welsh Cup: 3rd round VS Airbus UK.

Season 10/11 Part 2 Peterhead (Scottish 2nd division)

After my cup win at the millennium stadium Peterhead approached me. With the promise of transfer money and a bigger wages budget than my current squad at lower pay. I got back to them asking for the same money and so took the job with one game left of the season and they already relegated. We lost the last game of the season and I experienced my first relegation. Left with an old squad that lacks talent I head into post season with my new side.

League: 10th Relegated.

Next Season Aims.

>Remove the old players for the current squad making more room in the wage budget.

>Spend the 30k in transfere money i've been promised on young tallent

>Get promotion back into the second division

>Improve my reputation in the game

>Start building the club with a long term aim of taking them up the leagues in Scotland.

A taste of bitter sweet there...a cup win and a relegation in the same season with two different clubs. Something you don't see very often! Are you glad you moved clubs or are you wishing you had stayed put considering the good progress you made with Bangor?

Before the cup final with Bangor I was under a bit of pressure, I lost my two games before the cup the last game of the season throwing away a lead against my rivals. For the second time that season the rumour before the final was one more defeat would seal my fate as Manager.

I think that because of the bit of pressure from my backroom staff and the bigger wages budget and 30k in transfers taking the chance to move was the right choice at that point in time. Still took half an hour to finally make up my mind. The relegation was already confirmed when I took over. Still had to watch the shocking last game of the season, hopefully with the money I can make something with Peterhead.

Season 11/12 Peterhead (Scottish 3rd Division)

After the end of the season 8 players were allowed to leave the club. 6 of the 8 players I decided weren’t in my plans for Peterhead the other two had already signed contracts with Rotherham and Morecambe. I calculated that my squad was short on 5 players and sent my scout off searching the country for new talent. Shortly after my bored accounced the budgets for the next season, I was given a transfer budget of nothing and a wage budget of under 2,000 opposed to the 30K Transfer budget and the 4,000 wage budget offered to me when I signed. What I did mange to inherit was a club that managed to lose 90k last season. Not what I was expecting after the club relegation into the 3rd division.

My search for new players started with by backroom staff who suggested an 18 year old DC (Andre Wisdom) and 21 year old CF (Vitor Flora) both former Liverpool players, and were quickly signed by the club. My scout also game back with two results for the right side of midfield that needed vastly improving 20 year old Elias Wanger formerly of hearts joined us along with 22 year old Alan King form Rockmount who impressed by scoring against Celtic in a money making preseason game we losted 5-1.

Season started with two cup defeats, away in the challenge cup to 1st division Dundee after getting a 2-0 lead then at home to division 2 Inverness 3-1, still to good performances against bigger sides so I was pleased with our form that was until the league started. Penalties seems to be my least favourite word having given up 5 of them in my first 7 league games while only managing to obtain 8 points. For a team after promotion and the championship it wasn’t good enough and the pressure started to tell on me. The fans had already disappointed that I allowed a club legend to leave despite him being 38 years old were now on my back after every game. I changed formation to hopefully spin a result and some much needed confidence into the side but the football gods seemed to be against me. The result against Anna summed up my luck right now, I missed chance after chance hitting the word work three times in the match then in the 87 minute my keeper cleared the ball into my left back, the deflection fell to there forward and he was left with a simple tap in for the win. Going into October life in Scotland was not what I had expected, still the bored were on my side at least for now.

October saw a little improvement as I managed to obtain a first league win for quite some time, and found a little bit of form after winning in the Scottish cup as well. We were like a Phoenix rising from the ashes however it seems someone put our flame out as we drew next time out against Elgin, the had back to back losses firstly at Berwick 3-2 giving away a late, penalties and then a late winner against East Stirlingshire after not being able to find the back of the net. Changing formation didn’t seem to have worked; worst off out next game was against Montrose in the cup. A higher division side in a game I have to win to live up to the expectations of my already disappoint board. The game was lost 2-0.

I found myself underachieving in the Scottish cup only making the 3rd round and 9 points of a playoff spot in the league a massive 14 points from my predicated finish. With promotion looking unlikely and pressure mounting. On the 26 of November I resigned from Peterhead so save my reputation. Jumping before the bored pushed my from my current role.

League: 8th

Season 11-12 -Unemployment line

A quick call to job centre plus on the 28th of Novermber and I was back on job seekers money looking for a new job in my management career and hoping to bounce back from my disappoint in Scotland. It didn’t take long down at the job centre to be approached by another team however. A job offerer that if accepted would spark massive controversy surrounding my career. With a contract offer of £400 a week, with wages of 4,400 and a transfer budget of 9.500 Rhyl approached me. So I packed my backs from the Scottish highlands and moved back to Wales taking control of my form clubs Bangor City biggest rivals.

Season 11/12 Part 2 Rhyl (Welsh Premier League)

When I took over at Rhyl I started right away by looking at the current squad of players who I had available the team however appeared to have been hit with injuries. We were also lacking in a bit of talent in our defences so our scout was sent right away to look over the UK for a new CB. My first signing in a Rhyl side I hope can challenge for the title in Wales. At the start of January I have my first run in with my old club Bangor City, We both battled to sign Paul McLean a CB from Scotland a battle that I managed to win strengthen the side at the back. The team was strengthened again with CF Lee Hunt coming back from a long team injury, still the 18 year old midfield play makers wasn’t living up to my standards and I was soon in the market for another player. I got that player in Stephen Topley ending my transfer business until next season and also ending January a month I improved on slightly getting 5 points for 4 games.

February was another good month picking up three wins in a row. It saw us keep touch with the teams battling for Europe. The form didn’t last however with defeats going into March. My second match of the month was against Bangor city. Not a game I was looking forward to. In the run up to the match that sacked their manager, Bangor appeared to have been moving down the table towards the relegation zone. Still the match was an important one for me. This would be my biggest rival match that I have faced so far due to my history with both of the clubs. The game ended in a draw, possible the best result for me with my club history still I would have liked a win against a rival team.

After that match I picked up two new signing a midfield right player whos apparently twice the played of Chris Williams who currently players in that position from Droylsden and an out of contract forward to help increase the low scoring rate for the side. James Norwood the forward proved to be a real find, he got hurt in his first game but from the three games he did mange to play he scored 2, assisted with 2 and apparently forced an own goal from TNS keeper. To be honest the own goal was more a deflection so it should have been 3 in 3 but the game gave it is that. Still he looked like he could be a massive player for us next season.

The league came to a close with us sitting in 6th spot, the same position we were when I took over. I finished 4 points of a Europa league spot this season. Qualification being top three because of the welsh cup winners; if it would have been top 4 then I would have been three points off. Outsider Newtown won the championship on the last day of the season breaking TNS dormancy in this league, which had finished 20 points clear the two seasons before.

Back in Scotland Peterhead managed to recover and make a playoff spot, and won promotion via that route to go back up. So I was happy they recovered after I had left the club, Bangor city slipped back down to 12 in Wales. Nice to see my rivals sinking but I was disappointed since most of the players in that team are ones I drafted into the club. With that I go on to next season.

League: 6th

Next Season Aims

>Fix the leak in our defence

>Improve the front line, new wingers on both side.

>Better league finish in wales

>Enjoy some time in the summer on the north wales sea front

>Take the side back into the Europa league

>Attemp to bring the league time back to the club

>Keeo rebuilding my reputation after failing at Peterhead.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived