Achievements

Do they actually do anything or are they just to show off?

I think its the sega\si way of encouraging people to use steam. I dont think people like me who prefer not to use steam are missing out on anything since I think they are only a cosmetic feature.

Do they actually do anything or are they just to show off?

If you've ever played on an Xbox 360, you'll understand that there is no actual benefit in achieving these, but they are now a fundamental part of every game on the platform.

It can be argued that 'If they don't do anything, then what's the point?', but I think there'd be uproar now if they were removed on Xbox. It's just a nice cosmetic feature and I think many players have enjoyed the challenge of simply playing a game to get a particular achievement. Once you've got the basic, easy ones, the more difficult ones act as a great way to encourage you to play more often.

It's a good feeling when you finally complete every achievement in a game.

If you've ever played on an Xbox 360, you'll understand that there is no actual benefit in achieving these, but they are now a fundamental part of every game on the platform.

It can be argued that 'If they don't do anything, then what's the point?', but I think there'd be uproar now if they were removed on Xbox. It's just a nice cosmetic feature and I think many players have enjoyed the challenge of simply playing a game to get a particular achievement. Once you've got the basic, easy ones, the more difficult ones act as a great way to encourage you to play more often.

It's a good feeling when you finally complete every achievement in a game.

Yeah I know you get them on X-Box/PS3, i've got the newest Fifa for PS3 and you get them for various things, but the difference between that and FM is by gaining them you can unlock some hidden content such as new hairstyles, football boots etc. if im not mistaken? But since this game thrives on realism and most people would complain if the game gave added content for gaining these achievements then I don't really see any point in all in having them.

Archived