Extremley Hard , Can Anyone Help Please?

Ok im Ath.Madrid, in my second season.

Basically im finding it near enough impossible to keep clean sheets even against the teams with lower repuatations.

Im going forward and getting goals well but its my defensive side thats putting my european qualification aim to bed.

In the league i have scored the mosy goals as a team but also conceded the most?

Can anyone help me find a balance?

Btw i heres my squad.. and formation..

catlticomadridsad.png

Any advice is much appreciated

Cheers

Ant.

You could either move the MCs down to be DMCs or you could put the full backs as wing backs, that'd cover up the huge empty areas you're leaving between your midfield and your defenseline atm. With your formation it's very easy for the opponents to overload your defenseline IMO.

Il try that mate cheers.. do you have any certain ways of defending corners?

Here is an example of some if my ridiculous high scoring games..

catlticomadridsad2.png

Its becoming hard for me to enjoy my game becuase i know when my oppenent get the ball its going to result in a goal 9 times out of 10 :(

Try creating a tactic with that formation and leaving all as default except Passing (short) and Pressing (more)

Now lets set up some roles.

GK = GK - Defend

FB = FullBack -Auto

CB's = Limited Defender/Central Defender - Defend/Defend

CM's = Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend & Deep Lying Playmaker / Support

AML/AMR can be whatever role best suits their attributes, and you might want them with attack duty at home, and support duty away.

AMC = Advanced Playmaker / Attack

ST = Advanced Forward / Attack

AMC is playmaker, ST is target man with mixed target man delivery.

See how that works for you ;-)

Try creating a tactic with that formation and leaving all as default except Passing (short) and Pressing (more)

Now lets set up some roles.

GK = GK - Defend

FB = FullBack -Auto

CB's = Limited Defender/Central Defender - Defend/Defend

CM's = Ball Winning Midfielder - Defend & Deep Lying Playmaker / Support

AML/AMR can be whatever role best suits their attributes, and you might want them with attack duty at home, and support duty away.

AMC = Advanced Playmaker / Attack

ST = Advanced Forward / Attack

AMC is playmaker, ST is target man with mixed target man delivery.

See how that works for you ;-)

Created it mate, il let you know how it does after 2-3 games..

You're leaving a HUGE gap between your midfield and your defence. There are many ways to work this out, but it depends on your strategy and the way you configured your team (I mean passing, closing down, romaing, etc...). You can try man marking for your DCs.

I dont change my formation playing away, but well, Im playing Barça. But when Im already dominating (I mean winning) the match I change my strat to Control, use Mantain Posession and that works for me.

Played 4 mate..

Ateti 3-1 Las Palmas

Atleti 2-0 Hercules

Atleti 2-0 Deportivo

Sevilla 1-1 Atleti

So its looking alot tighter mate thanks alot.

How do you vary your formation for both home and away?

Glad it helped a little.

I don't vary the formation much. Your MC's are no further from the defence in this 4231 than they would be in a 442.

There's a couple of things you might try away from home.

1) Make the MC's in BWM and DLPM roles both defensive duty rather than defensive and support respectively.

2) Move both MC's back to DMC position. BWM becomes Anchor Man with defensive duty, and DLPM can stay as he is either support or defence depending on how the game is going.

The other thing to consider is your AMC's input into the game.

At home against a weak team I have this tactic saved with AMC as Trequartista/Attack, away as an Advanced Playmaker, Attack or Support, and when up against it as an Attacking midfielder, support.

It's all about variation to suit attributes and team needs.

Archived