Big problem

When you take a Welsh club (cardiff/swansea/wrexham) into the Premiership, you are required to name a squad including 8 players trained in England. All the youngsters at these clubs are trained in Wales and don't count towards the tally. I therefore can't pick a squad and can't continue game. Anyone know what to do?

Well, they've been in the English leagues a lot longer than you or i have been around!

Yet UEFA refuse to let them compete in their European Competitions, Even if they win the English FA Cup or the English Premier League. UEFA view them as Welsh clubs playing in Foreign leagues.

Dont argue with me for the sake of arguing mate. Its how it is.

Yet UEFA refuse to let them compete in their European Competitions, Even if they win the English FA Cup or the English Premier League. UEFA view them as Welsh clubs playing in Foreign leagues.

Dont argue with me for the sake of arguing mate. Its how it is.

Im not arguing with you. Im just saying that how it is now, is how it is. However UEFA want to view it has no relevance to what happens within the FA league structure. The FA are obviously happy for some Welsh teams to play in our leagues and have been for some time. To say they shouldn't be in our leagues, is just your opinion.

Im not arguing with you. Im just saying that how it is now, is how it is. However UEFA want to view it has no relevance to what happens within the FA league structure. The FA are obviously happy for some Welsh teams to play in our leagues and have been for some time. To say they shouldn't be in our leagues, is just your opinion.

Im not strictly singling out Welsh teams, Sorry if it seems like that. Take Berwick Rangers, they are actually an English club who play in Scotland.

Then you have Monaco who play in the french leagues. Monaco though are allowed to compete in European Compeititons, and thats clearly hypocritical of UEFA. I think its to do with the money in Monaco and a few brown envolopes here and there.

Its simple if clubs just play in the nations leagues they are from.

Im not strictly singling out Welsh teams, Sorry if it seems like that. Take Berwick Rangers, they are actually an English club who play in Scotland.

Then you have Monaco who play in the french leagues. Monaco though are allowed to compete in European Compeititons, and thats clearly hypocritical of UEFA. I think its to do with the money in Monaco and a few brown envolopes here and there.

Its simple if clubs just play in the nations leagues they are from.

I agree to a point. A lot of it was to do with money back then and the fact that the English leagues weren't set-up to be that. Teams from Wales and Scotland were invited into this "super league" but only a few took the invite. They are in the English leagues for that reason. Welsh clubs are still covered under the Welsh FA, thats why they cant qualify for Europe through English competitions. The same would/should apply if Celtic and Rangers ever wanted to join.

I agree to a point. A lot of it was to do with money back then and the fact that the English leagues weren't set-up to be that. Teams from Wales and Scotland were invited into this "super league" but only a few took the invite. They are in the English leagues for that reason. Welsh clubs are still covered under the Welsh FA, thats why they cant qualify for Europe through English competitions. The same would/should apply if Celtic and Rangers ever wanted to join.

The reason the FA dont let Celtic and Rangers in now is because it would add to UEFA's argument that the national teams of Wales, Scotland and England be united into a Great Britain National Team.

UEFA are still pushing for that to this day.

The reason the FA dont let Celtic and Rangers in now is because it would add to UEFA's argument that the national teams of Wales, Scotland and England be united into a Great Britain National Team.

UEFA are still pushing for that to this day.

But it wouldnt matter what league they played in as long as they were still geverned by the SFA. Its the same with the welsh teams. In my opinion, it would be harder for Celtic/Rangers to come down now as they would only be interested in playing in the premiership and that would be unfair to other teams somewhere along the lines.

Archived