Fix REQUIRED for data editor, SI please read -- IMPORTANT and possibly SIMPLE.

There are many people, especially North Americans very upset over one particular ridiculous short-coming of the editor. In fact, a basic ability advertised in the blogs is not working.

We were told it would be possible to have one competition qualify teams to another competition that we create in the editor.

This is false right now. It is false advertising until fixed.

For example. In Canada, there is a league called the Pacific Coast Soccer League. At the end of its league season, the team in first place is crowned champion. Then there is a competition called the PCSL Challenge Cup. The top four clubs in the league are entered and playoff, it is a little like the German League Cup -- not particularly important, but you need to achieve something to be included.

As of right now, if I ask the cup to include four teams from the PCSL, one would assume it would be the top four, and that they would play each other based on seeding. One would assume wrong! As of right now, the cup selects any four random teams from the league, who play each other in no particular seeding situation.

I can't help but think that it would actually be EASIER to code that a cup would include the top 4 or 6 or 8 or however many clubs from a particular league, rather than a random collection.

If this simple addition/change were made, not only would cup competitions work properly, but simple playoff systems could also work.

For example, right now in North America, the game is unplayable. The playoffs are hopelessly limited in format and who gets byes and seedings are completely random. It's frankly a dog's breakfast.

I am very grateful that SI has taken strides in the right direction, but I have to ask why the playoffs were created in such a crazy, poor, obviously wrong way?

When I bought the game, it was under the impression that realistic playoffs would be implementable (that probably isn't a real word) and that you could have certain competitions qualify teams to others. These were advertised in the blogs, I am quite certain.

At this point, I can't help but feel that as good as FM10 is, I shelled out my money for something that I didn't receive -- I was ripped off.

Without these fixes I would honestly be as happy playing FM09 for another year. And if these issues can't be fixed in the patches, I may ask for a refund. I believe I would be entitled to one under the circumstances.

This is not intended as a whinge, but I am a paying customer and I am deeply dissatisfied over something that can surely be fixed relatively easily.

Many North Americans, including myself, have spent hours of work planning, researching and with data entry both through this site and another one dedicated to FM and SI, and it's all for naught. :(

i understand your frustration but why would you go back to 09 if you couldnt do it there either? Its a new feature in the game and as in most games you never get it right first time, im sure it will be addressed in patches etc but to accuse them of false advertising and wating refunds etc, just chill, post it in the correct section (the bugs forum) and you will get the answers you require!! hopefully...

i understand your frustration but why would you go back to 09 if you couldnt do it there either? Its a new feature in the game and as in most games you never get it right first time, im sure it will be addressed in patches etc but to accuse them of false advertising and wating refunds etc, just chill, post it in the correct section (the bugs forum) and you will get the answers you require!! hopefully...

The point is that I only shelled out all those clams, because of this feature, which was clearly advertised, but doesn't work.

I am not 'accusing' anybody of anything, as this was not done as some sort of intentional scam or trap, but I can HONESTLY say that if I knew the editor didn't work as advertised, I wouldn't have put out the money. Therefore, if SI can't or won't fix it in the patches, I feel a refund would be an entirely reasonable demand.

I can play a very limited North American universe (MLS only) quite satisfactorily in FM09 (I think FM09 was a perfectly satisfactory game), and the new editor was the draw for me to buy FM10, otherwise I would have just waited for another version down the road which had a more qualitative upgrade.

One of the reasons it's so frustrating is that they made mistakes that were easier to get right -- kind of like missing a goal when it is easier to score. For example, in a 7 team playoff, the seventh placed team is the one that gets a bye! Like, no offence but what genius figured that one out?!!! And if I set a cup to select four teams from a specific league, why on earth would I want it to be random teams, instead of the top four? If so, at least make me choose the more bizarre way as an option, don't make it the only possibility. As I say, these are things that it's easier to get right than wrong, but... oops!

I imagine that if you lived in one of the countries and wanted to play in one of its leagues that the error makes impossible, you might understand. Or maybe if the one thing that isn't working was a fundamental part of the reason you wanted to buy the game in the first place. Also, I didn't actually threaten anything. I simply stated that I was promised something for a substantial sum of money and I didn't receive it.

But thank you for your wonderful 'contribution' to the forum.

Archived