Any way to depatch the steam version?

I would ideally like to depatch my game, because I'm not sure what was in 10.1 but despite the fact I had made a rather simple tactic on the demo, that was very efficient, I'm finding that both that tactic and just about any other will not work when it comes to defending. I can still start a game on the demo, use this tactic and its fine, I can shut teams out effectively using the same bunch of players as I have on the full game.

Decided to just uninstall and play it with the disc in instead, but is there any thoughts on why the case is that on the demo version of the game. I go to my team, use these tactics and get good results such as a 2-2 draw with Arsenal, able to hold on to leads and whatnot, then on the 10.1 version I'm battering these same teams, and they still just keep coming back with goals.

There will most likely have been ME changes made, which could alter the effectiveness of any tactic. It shouldn't have a massive effect but that's probably why. Or it could just be that your tactic isn't actually as good as you thought it was?

Well, I'm back on the disc version at release now, so it's going to take an hour or two to get into the season. But I started up a game on the demo using this tactic a couple hours ago to draw comparisons between the two (same tactic, both with Stoke City, both without signing anyone) and found it infinantly better working on the demo. I had posted up in the tactics forum, on 10.1 after 13 games I had scored 38 (top goalscorers in the league by 12) conceded 54 and had been winning 12 of the 13 games at half time. I was in 19th position with 1 win, 3 draws and 9 defeats. Compared to a similar run on the demo which saw a similar amount of goals scored, only half as many conceded with my side sat mid-table.

I'm not saying it should work, but I've put a good few hours in on the game, and there does seem to be quite a few other complaints about the same thing. No doubt it is all our tactics, but all I'm seeing at the moment is version a) which is pick up and play, yes it took some tinkering to get tactics working, but sides weren't pulling goals out from anywhere and version b) which is meant to be better, but sees teams performing all manner of barely unfathomable things.

I'm sure my tactics aren't that great, but one thing I have always been able to do on every FM is build quite a decent tactic to get me through a couple of seasons until I am able to learn more about the tactics and how to get them working better; but I struggle to comprehend what it is going massively wrong in between the two saves where the only huge factors are the patch.

Archived