How balanced is the FM 10 ME so far  

131 members have voted

1. 1. How balanced is the FM 10 ME so far

• Not enough attacking
    • Not enough defending
    • Very balanced
    • Depends on your team/tactics
    • Not great but its ok

Hi people I just wanted to gauge peoples opinion on the 3D match engine this year and see how balanced or not you think it is, so please feel free to leave comments stating how many games you have played and why you have given your answer.

I think its a good bit harder than both the demo and fm2009. I've just been sacked by Newcastle because I only managed 6th. Before anyone says it I know it was probably my tactics. What can I say other than I'm hopeless. I think I'll have a read of the tactics theories for fm10 before trying again.

What do you mean by "balanced"?

I mean is the game a good balance between attacking and defending, some people were saying there is not enough defending in this years version and as a beta tester I am just trying to gauge a wider opinion on the issue, my personal view is it has a good balance of both but it`s good to get a wide variety of opinions.:thup:

The defending in FM10 is a joke, I have my whole team on full closing down, tight marking, man marking, hard tackling, and my players are no where near their man, ever!!! I even do the sideline shouts, 'hassle opponents and get stuck in', but that doesn't work either. I don't want my opponents to have time on the ball, but my players just run up to them and run away again, anyone else getting this?, any advice to make my team defend.

The defending in FM10 is a joke, I have my whole team on full closing down, tight marking, man marking, hard tackling, and my players are no where near their man, ever!!! I even do the sideline shouts, 'hassle opponents and get stuck in', but that doesn't work either. I don't want my opponents to have time on the ball, but my players just run up to them and run away again, anyone else getting this?, any advice to make my team defend.

What team are you flashback, it sounds like with those settings you are getting split wide open because if you have your settings to mark players with pace too tightly they can just roll you or spin off you and leave your players standing, it can be a combination of a few things like your formation, your players marking ability, how high or low your defensive line is and also the more your players get tired the slacker their marking becomes just like in real life, I find that having a scout give you info on your next opponent helps as well as listening to the backroom advice you get before each game it usually tells you what formation the opposition has trouble playing against as well as how wide you should be playing and things like that.

I usually have a few formations made up and saved so that when my backroom staff tell me my opponent usually has trouble playing against teams playing 4-5-1 and I usually play 4-4-2 then I can just load that 4-5-1 tactic up that I saved and just change things like the width and tempo according to what my backroom staff tell me.

Hope this helps mate.:thup:

What team are you flashback, it sounds like with those settings you are getting split wide open because if you have your settings to mark players with pace too tightly they can just roll you or spin off you and leave your players standing, it can be a combination of a few things like your formation, your players marking ability, how high or low your defensive line is and also the more your players get tired the slacker their marking becomes just like in real life, I find that having a scout give you info on your next opponent helps as well as listening to the backroom advice you get before each game it usually tells you what formation the opposition has trouble playing against as well as how wide you should be playing and things like that.

I usually have a few formations made up and saved so that when my backroom staff tell me my opponent usually has trouble playing against teams playing 4-5-1 and I usually play 4-4-2 then I can just load that 4-5-1 tactic up that I saved and just change things like the width and tempo according to what my backroom staff tell me.

Hope this helps mate.:thup:

Its not that my players are getting turned, i've tried a couple of teams, Man U, Wolves, Port Vale, they are just not man marking, if their attacking midfielder goes to the loo, I want my ball winner to follow him, i've tried the pre set instructions, and same thing, to marking, no tackling, nothing, I don't care if my defender misses a tackle, just aslong as he can be bothered to tackle. I listen to what my backroom staff tell me, if my opponents don't like slow tempo, I play slow tempo, if they struggle against narrow teams, I play narrow, i've tried zonal, nothing happens again, its driving me crazy. As soon as I lose possession, I want my left winger stuck to their right wingers butt all over the pitch till I get the ball back, is that too much to ask?

Its not that my players are getting turned, i've tried a couple of teams, Man U, Wolves, Port Vale, they are just not man marking, if their attacking midfielder goes to the loo, I want my ball winner to follow him, i've tried the pre set instructions, and same thing, to marking, no tackling, nothing, I don't care if my defender misses a tackle, just aslong as he can be bothered to tackle. I listen to what my backroom staff tell me, if my opponents don't like slow tempo, I play slow tempo, if they struggle against narrow teams, I play narrow, i've tried zonal, nothing happens again, its driving me crazy. As soon as I lose possession, I want my left winger stuck to their right wingers butt all over the pitch till I get the ball back, is that too much to ask?

Do you set individual player menality and if so how much does this differ from your team mentality and also your players positional roles?

Sort of fixed it, I have my whole team EXCEPT my defenders on full close down, my defenders on stand off, my back 4 remains intact and my midfield pick up the scraps my defence creates, not how I want my team to play, but it works......for now, the game will adapt again so that nothing works, done it to me for the last 5 years. Hope to do well with Port Vale for the next few years, then move on, hopefully to Wolves, being a Wolves fan and all.

Archived